New 408 build finally started

-
This is the thread that motivated me to start my 422 build John. If not for you it might still be sitting in the corner of the garage with a sheet over it, forgotten for who knows how long. Thanks, and keep at it!
My 422 smallblock build

This is the thread that motivated me to start my 422 build John. If not for you it might still be sitting in the corner of the garage with a sheet over it, forgotten for who knows how long. Thanks, and keep at it!
My 422 smallblock build

Glad it helped to motivate you buddy. Hopefully I’ll have two builds going this winter. Both with upgrades.

During my quick Power Nap I was laying here thinking how much easier this job would be today. Number one would be the knowledge gained from the first effort. Number two would be the Killer Carbibe burs which make metal removal so much easier, number three my valve seat machine which I could probably locate and drill the pushrod holes with, number four I bought another welder so I could set it up with an aluminum spool gun. Still don’t have a mill and probably never will but that would make a nice addition if I was younger and had my sons car out of here.

During my quick Power Nap I was laying here thinking how much easier this job would be today. Number one would be the knowledge gained from the first effort. Number two would be the Killer Carbibe burs which make metal removal so much easier, number three my valve seat machine which I could probably locate and drill the pushrod holes with, number four I bought another welder so I could set it up with an aluminum spool gun. Still don’t have a mill and probably never will but that would make a nice addition if I was younger and had my sons car out of here.

Number 2 is a straight fact. I can honestly say if I had to grind heads and intakes without his burrs I wouldn’t do it. His stuff is that good to use.

Number 3 is a bonus. If I had one in the shop I’d be wearing it out.

Of course I’d rather have a mill here because it will do everything a S&G machine will do and a bunch more like surfacing.

Someday…

Number 2 is a straight fact. I can honestly say if I had to grind heads and intakes without his burrs I wouldn’t do it. His stuff is that good to use.

Number 3 is a bonus. If I had one in the shop I’d be wearing it out.

Of course I’d rather have a mill here because it will do everything a S&G machine will do and a bunch more like surfacing.

Someday…

@Newbomb Turk I really appreciate you turning us on to him.

This thread, and the fact that I had a set of W2 iron rockers, caused me to have a lot of fun making my set of old procomps have no pushrod pinch. The seat/guide machine was good for moving the pushrod holes. I'd love to have a mill, I'd probably have to eat in the shop.

-
Back