New Bike!

-

thanson_mopar

Reaction score
what do you think? Im as excited as i was when i bought my duster

9e440096d9c3.jpg

8791fcd836de.jpg

Its a 2000 883 Custom, meaning factory drag bars, forward controls, bullet headlight, 21 inch wire spoke front wheel, solid rear wheel. winter project is going to be a 1200 kit, mabe some head work (porting).

sweet.. i though the custom had a chrome engine too? or is that an option? the girlfriend has a 2002 custom and has the black engine and chrome side covers on the engine

sweet.. i though the custom had a chrome engine too? or is that an option? the girlfriend has a 2002 custom and has the black engine and chrome side covers on the engine

must of been an option, ive seen customs like that too but my engine is just like how it left the factory. Im thinking of doing somthing with the jugs and heads. I like the way the nighters look, i might have the heads and jugs powdercoated black unless its going to affect cooling of the engine :-k. i dont know if nightsters are painted or powdercoated?

A Shist! TATE! Looks good man. Some elbow grease and polish... Woo-Hoooo!

I'm going to take a snap shot of my 2003 XL1200C tomorrow. I just got my new seat on it. The low profile seat breifly named, "The Striper." I also just popped on my naked lady levers from that company I'm sure to mis-spell-badly...
Kerorkorkian.. LOL Kerry-rocken. Ha ha ha.

My Sporty custom has a black wrinkle painted engine with the fins of the jugs bare aluminum. Chrome everywhere, a mark of a custom in addition to what Tate wrote about his.

Hey Joe! When ya sell her? Getcha price? Hope so, it was a good looking ride.

I got out on mine today for a 120 mile no-where ride with a few fellas. Had lunch in a railroad dinner car. Ecellent Bacon chesse burger!

I had a yellow sporty iron head with drag pipes and an s&s carb. that sporty would haul butt. Now im on a wide glide. wish i had both. i bought another sporty a 73 iron head.Put a 1200 kit on it and smoke some big twins.lol

A Shist! TATE! Looks good man. Some elbow grease and polish... Woo-Hoooo!

I'm going to take a snap shot of my 2003 XL1200C tomorrow. I just got my new seat on it. The low profile seat breifly named, "The Striper." I also just popped on my naked lady levers from that company I'm sure to mis-spell-badly...
Kerorkorkian.. LOL Kerry-rocken. Ha ha ha.

My Sporty custom has a black wrinkle painted engine with the fins of the jugs bare aluminum. Chrome everywhere, a mark of a custom in addition to what Tate wrote about his.

lol, for some reason these pics make the bike look really dirty but its wasnt that bad, I cleaned and cleaned the bike, then i polished and polished the chrome till it was like looking in a mirror. :love7: looks pretty. yellow paint really makes it stick out from the other harleys. i gues im just always the one whos different 8). I just got done putting a lay down licence plate bracket on and ditched the stock bracket. took off those japenese looking turn signals and replaced them with smoked lenses. A brand new front and rear tire. ill take some new pictures in the the sun.

i think im going to switch out the stock seat, i thik its the coolest looking seat ever on a sportster BUT.......makes your butt sore after small trips haha. Im looking at mabe a stock 1200 seat or a seat from Mustang or Corbin. i want somthing low profile but still comfortable.

how did you mask off the fins? that kinda what i want to do

I had a yellow sporty iron head with drag pipes and an s&s carb. that sporty would haul butt. Now im on a wide glide. wish i had both. i bought another sporty a 73 iron head.Put a 1200 kit on it and smoke some big twins.lol

nice, i love iron heads, My dream bike is a 1969 sporty iron head 900. Of course the motor would have to be hopped up a little bit. Aside from the ugly stock seats 69's came with i wouldnt change a cosmetic thing on it.

Hey Joe! When ya sell her? Getcha price? Hope so, it was a good looking ride.

sold it about a month ago.. first time rider came and bought it. his buddy rode it a hour home and called me and said man that thing really runs..lol. got $3900 for it. wish i could have gotten a little more but that was the market in this area and i was happy with it.. the guy that bought it was a nice guy too and he seems like he will enjoy it.

jamie is thinking of selling her 2002 1200 custom. hers is black with all the chrome. sharp looking bike.

Tate, the bare fins are stock. Theres alot of changes on my bike, but noting radical. Just keep the eyes roaming around for whats going on and delay on leaving the light for those still sleeping or playing wih the radio while running the light.

Not to bad Joe, not to bad. You posted your wifes bike @ AbodyJoes.com right?

I have roughly 25,000 miles on the bike now. I just need to get out on it more. As of late, since I work close to home now, LOL, the big six miles, I do not rack up the miles anymore. Used to be 100 miles per day. Just in going to work.

Not to bad Joe, not to bad. You posted your wifes bike @ AbodyJoes.com right?

yea posted a pic of it but not a for sale ad. gotta see what she really wante to do. she doesn't ride it much anymore.

Thanson,

You can have the jugs powdercoated or painted then use a belt sander to remove the paint/powdercoat on the fin edges. It looks awesome when done right.

You might want to ask our resident powder coating expert, Leann about it. The paint or powder will not effect cooling, so if you like the look, go for it.

You already have your motorcycle endorsement on your license right? You might want to look into taking a MSF course too. Some insurance companies may give you a discount for succesful completion of the course. http://www.msf-usa.org/

Is it just the camera or is the rear tire bald? Get new tires before you anything else.

Thanson,

You can have the jugs powdercoated or painted then use a belt sander to remove the paint/powdercoat on the fin edges. It looks awesome when done right.

You might want to ask our resident powder coating expert, Leann about it. The paint or powder will not effect cooling, so if you like the look, go for it.

You already have your motorcycle endorsement on your license right? You might want to look into taking a MSF course too. Some insurance companies may give you a discount for succesful completion of the course. http://www.msf-usa.org/

well, thats the look im goin for, ill have to consult the powedercoater.

Ive had a motorcycle license since i was old enough to have one (two years now)
first bike was known as the 1980 Wasaki-Davidson (kawasaki) kz 550, or nicknamed the Screamin' Cow8)

well, thats the look im goin for, ill have to consult the powedercoater.

Ive had a motorcycle license since i was old enough to have one (two years now)
first bike was known as the 1980 Wasaki-Davidson (kawasaki) kz 550, or nicknamed the Screamin' Cow8)

Leanna's great to talk to and I know she can help. Good to hear that you've got experience and the endorsement. I've had a few screamin' cows myself! 8)

earlier post up i said first thing i did was clean it and replace tires, I dont ride two wheelers with bad tires, its not good for my health lol, i cant believe the old owner even trusted those tires

Sorry, must've missed that. I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence, and glad to hear you got new rubber.

Back in the day, I've had customers come into the shop with the freakin' cords showing and insist that they didn't need new tires. Jeezz. Nitwits. Sounds like the old owner might have known a couple of 'em, lol!

-
Back