New Dodge Challengers

-
was reading a few posts at challeneger talk yesterday.

they were saying something about o-rings blowing out on a repeated basis on the shifter of the stick cars.

the 6 speeds getting a funky smell inside. kinda like a sulfer smell at a certian load or rpm. may or may not be related to a check valve on the rear vent.

noisy rear ends from day one on the cars and toasted rear end fluid.

you come across any of this stuff yet?

never heard of the O-ring problem, and we've sold tons of 6 spds.

Also never heard of that smell problem, i've personally never smelt it either and we've never had anyone coming in complaining

We've never had a new challenger come in with a noisy rear, i've driven all but 2 of the challengers we've gotten in and never heard a noisy rear from any of them

So i guess the answer is no lol, i havn't heard of or experienced any of the problems you listed. i wonder if maybe this was a concentrated group that had some problems??? i dunno

seen the autos going high 13's with no mods. not sure what gear they had or aval. on them though. also hear the stick cars have a bad wheel hop problem at the track. you hear anything about that?

hmm i've never run one on the track but i wouldn't have put an auto that quick. I've havn't heard of anyone talking about wheel hop problems, mind you though i don't know of anyone that's actually taken their car to a track. I've never experienced wheel hop in one, if you get where i'm coming from lo, now again i've never raced on a fully prepped track so i guess that is a possibility

You are talking R/T vs SRT8. The SRT8 is faster but you pay for that extra speed.

The regular R/T is a fine car and probably better for "Everyday" use.

If you go to Dodge.com

R/T starts at $31,500.........16 city/25 hwy

SRT8 starts at $43,600.......13 city/19 hwy

I have 2 of them, PS not to be offensive but the SRT is not 10k more for extra spped. I get so sick of theis BS.

The 10k is more because it is a luxury hot ROD, you get brembo brakes, better tires and alcoa rims, and way way better suspension. Then the interior is night to day better too.

PS the R/Ts run darn good and many run mids 13s stock, I have run a 13.13 and 0-60 in 4.2 with my SRT yes it has a few mild mods.

The wife's SE-G package v6 201 with a 5speed auto is a darn good running car, gets 30 on the highway and runs stronger than you would expect. She has all power leather heated seats etc and for 28k is a dam good buy compared to a toty of hundai junk.

Not to mention they look very nice and handle great:)

Took me a little bit but I found the exact spot on google maps, we just turned down a road and went till we found it.

20810 SE 450th St, Enumclaw, WA, United States

LOL, well that spretty exact, thanks, gotta wait for a good clear day.

JOE no hop on my stick, it has a 3.92 rear and 5th and 6th are over drive, the hop on some is tires yes. But is is easy to fix, and the stock srts all run low 13s with a good driver, sticks make over 375hp at the tires stock.

Many with a few mods run 12s and that is darn quick for a car that tops out at over 180 mph stock and weighs 4100 lbs.

never heard of the O-ring problem, and we've sold tons of 6 spds.

Also never heard of that smell problem, i've personally never smelt it either and we've never had anyone coming in complaining

We've never had a new challenger come in with a noisy rear, i've driven all but 2 of the challengers we've gotten in and never heard a noisy rear from any of them

So i guess the answer is no lol, i havn't heard of or experienced any of the problems you listed. i wonder if maybe this was a concentrated group that had some problems??? i dunno

here are a couple of the links.. sounded kinda strange to me but quite a few had the issue.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/foul-smell-could-rear-problem-6-speeds-17953/

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f18/hurst-shifter-fix-35144/

A guy I work with has the R/T automatic. I've driven it a couple times and it goes like hell and gets pretty good gas mileage on long trips. I don't know where some of you guys live but I don't know why you'd need a faster car unless you are actually racing the thing.

In terms of handling, stopping, and driving the thing around a track I've read some mixed reviews that aren't always great. Anyways I've always thought of the Challenger as a bit of a luxury highway machine not necessarily a race car.

I was strongly considering buying one a while back but the dealers in my area have the prices jacked up so high above the MSRP that I can't do it right now.

I would think an R/T would be more than enough car for your wife.

I have 2 of them, PS not to be offensive but the SRT is not 10k more for extra spped. I get so sick of theis BS.

The 10k is more because it is a luxury hot ROD, you get brembo brakes, better tires and alcoa rims, and way way better suspension. Then the interior is night to day better too.

PS the R/Ts run darn good and many run mids 13s stock, I have run a 13.13 and 0-60 in 4.2 with my SRT yes it has a few mild mods.

The wife's SE-G package v6 201 with a 5speed auto is a darn good running car, gets 30 on the highway and runs stronger than you would expect. She has all power leather heated seats etc and for 28k is a dam good buy compared to a toty of hundai junk.

Not to mention they look very nice and handle great:)

Ok… Extra speed and fluff.

I can't believe you compare your wife's Challenger SE to a Toyota or Hyundai. They are not even marketed for the same kind of buyer. Its like comparing a flashlight and a avocado.

-
Back