New fastest Mopar?

-
Great, another iconic mopar name bastardized and plastered on a car that is NOTHING like the origenal, all for the sake of selling cars based on the nostalgia of a model that got discontinued 40 plus years ago

i totally agree

Ill stick with my demon, why in the world they are putting demon on a challenger bumfuzzles me, hell might as well make a Ram 1500 AAR or a Dodge Challenger Twister Hang Ten edition. Smh, boooo fiat this is not the direction to go.

It may be cool to look at in person but thats about it, im sure it will be fun to drive but i dont think it will get the response the hellcat did. Seems like they are starting to throw 5hit at the wall and hope it sticks

I dont think whoever did the article knew what the hell they were talking about

IMG_1408.JPG

"Motor Trend Staff 1971 dodge demon 340"

Ummmmm looks like a 72' to me

Last edited:
Ah jeez... people bitched and moaned when Mopar didn't offer any muscle cars or even rear wheel drive cars for YEARS!! Now that Dodge is back on top of the horsepower wars and bringing out some badass muscle cars everyone bitches about "fiat" and "wrongfully used name plates" had fiat not bought Chrysler there would be no Chrysler and people would piss and moan about that!!! I can see why brand X people sometimes think Mopar people are snobby, stuck up, pricks!! Just be glad we have the option to go to a dealer and order the highest hp muscle car or sedan ever produced and it's a Mopar!! I for one and damn proud that Dodge hasn't succumbed to the hybrid, cracker box, shitty looking cars like like the majority of the gutless, man card stealing crap on the roads today!! (With exception of the dart....)

Rant over, I'm out.

P.S. no this is not directed at any one particular person, simply based off of many replies I've seen online from the ungratefuls that call themselves Mopar fans. And for anyone who wants to respond with "it's not Mopar, it's fiat" re-read the first part of my post.

If your going to bother using the demon name then why not do it right? Demon was a dart model not a challenger model so why use it? Would of been easier to make a dart with a demon package on it then to brand the challenger as a demon. Plenty of other things they could of called it. Bad part is very few want a 700-800 hp production car let alone can afford one. Im sure the RT and SRT8 would be plenty to fulfill the speed and horsepower itch.

Theres a time and place for everything. I don't believe they should just throw random dodge affiliated nameplates on it for no reason, and they already have a hellcat what more do you need? If you want more than a hell cat buy a damn viper

See This?????????????????? They will NEVER make this car again. NEVER!!!! This car would NEVER pass emission, or safety test of 2017.
Let me say this again.
"THEY WILL NEVER MAKE THIS CAR AGAIN" Now, get over it.

72_Dodge_Demon_AC-06-BC_01.jpg

That looks more like a demon than the challenger. I believe thats the old 07 concept. The name didnt go over well in the 70's i dont think it will go over well today. Its bad enough that most people mistake a demon for a duster, i dont want some young kids coming up and saying sweet challenger. Hell might as well make a challenger scamp too

If your going to bother using the demon name then why not do it right? Demon was a dart model not a challenger model so why use it? Would of been easier to make a dart with a demon package on it then to brand the challenger as a demon. Plenty of other things they could of called it. Bad part is very few want a 700-800 hp production car let alone can afford one. Im sure the RT and SRT8 would be plenty to fulfill the speed and horsepower itch.

Theres a time and place for everything. I don't believe they should just throw random dodge affiliated nameplates on it for no reason, and they already have a hellcat what more do you need? If you want more than a hell cat buy a damn viper
They quit making vipers. Hellcats killed their sales

Listen guys all in all im happy that dodge is trying to lead the way, but i think the hellcat is going to be hard to beat. Challenger srt demon doesnt sound as bada55 as srt hellcat.
Honestly i dont think the name will go over too well. Whatever it ends up looking like they can only make it for two years

:lol:

Its a shame, cuz it would be cheaper to maintain, and would last longer than any car today
Trust me, I wish I could buy them new like in '72, but.......
Cars of yesteryear would have a hard time competing with today's cars in high mileage, power, MPG, handling, crash test, and rusting out.
Fact is, they wouldn't compete at all. Hear me right, I'm an old car fanatic. But I'm also a realist.
Just a base 2016 Challenger with a V6 would give the majority of yesteryear Muscle cars fits in a 1/4 mile or top end. I'm talking automatic 340 Dusters, 383 Roadrunners, along with many brand X muscle cars. Motor Trend recorded a 14.50 1/4 mile time with a 2015 V6 Challenger. Others as slow as 14.80's. Now what if we compared it to a base '72 318 satellite? Or make the new Chally a R/T? Need I say more?
Now consider cold winter starts, gas mileage, crash test, options, cruising all day at 80 mph on the interstate, and which one without being touched will most likely be running like a champ with only oil changes at 150,*** miles? Hands down, it's the new Challenger.

Last edited:
-
Back