New here.. Nice place..

-

Sunburnt-65

Reaction score
You have a nice place.. i been checking it out over the past few weeks.. Its finally coming together for me.. I have located a 1965 Cuda S package.. Been looking for twenty years and i come t find out my buddys dad has one for sale.

Its been sitting in the high Nevada sun for many years.. It came from California. I hope it likes it up here in Alberta..

I will work on getting some pictures loaded up and posted..

Welcome to FABO!I,m sure we have a bunch of members out in Alberta,just not sure how close to you.:cheers:

Well here she is.. in all her naked glory..

65cuda001.jpg

65cuda004.jpg

Great photos, they are classic, you should display them in your garage.

Welcome and as everyone here will probably agree take as many pics as you can document the before. Oh yeah get 2 pics one left one right have them blown up to poster size hang in garage and once you paint it duplicate. Good luck i love that body.

Welcome to FABO, Sunburnt, from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Great find. Hang on to that California 'black plate' (especially if you have the front plate also) and the license plate frame and display them with your car. If that may not be part of your plan, then you should know that you have a market here in California for the black plates from people with '65-vintage cars as California now allows registering your car with existing year-of-manufacture correct plates up to 1972 model years.
So, what's the plan for your '65? Restore or restomod?
Please post more pics, both current and as you progress with your build.

Welcome to FABO, Sunburnt, from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Great find. Hang on to that California 'black plate' (especially if you have the front plate also) and the license plate frame and display them with your car. If that may not be part of your plan, then you should know that you have a market here in California for the black plates from people with '65-vintage cars as California now allows registering your car with existing year-of-manufacture correct plates up to 1972 model years.
So, what's the plan for your '65? Restore or restomod?
Please post more pics, both current and as you progress with your build.

Thanks for that info..

My plans are 100 percent restore.. Then drive it all summer. Winters suck up here so my cummins will still be used then..

Welcome! Nice car, should be an easy restore, it looks solid.

It runs, Drives :burnout: , stops, turns, lights work... Really .. It needs paint and recondition the bumpers. some minor dents in the body.. I am sure the interior needs work from sitting in the sun. BUT.. i am excited to get it home.. :thumrigh:

Looks awesome man. I have a 65 as well, I really like seeing other ones out there in comparable shape as mine.

Nice find....going to be an awesome ride...CONGRATS !! does the dog go with the car:thumrigh::thumrigh:

Nice. Hopefully just surface rust that will clean up easy and no pits. Too bad they didn't park it in the barn over yonder, out of the sun, then the paint and rubber wouldn't have degraded.

Bill.. There was no room beside his 36 ford coupe, his 56 chevy truck and his CJ5 from the 60's.. I can't wait to go check out whats all hiding in his big shop and the Wrecker near by.. Told the wife I will be gone 5 days.. two days for the trip and a couple days to visit and check things out.

With chatting with a good friend of mine.. Looks like i can buy a spare 273 that the fella pulled to put in a 340 from his 65 cuda. Hope that all comes together too. Not sure of what he wants for cash yet..

-
Back