Not open for further replies.
My current list of first to be released light kits include the following:
1968-69 Satellite/Road Runner
1968-70 Charger
1969, 1971-74 Dart
1970-74 Challenger
1970-74 Cuda
1967,1969 barracuda

Working on 1967-68 Dart, 1968 barracuda, 1970 Road Runner. We are also looking at all the requests we are getting and will determine what can develop and when we can release them.

70-71 Duster for sure!!! These LEDs light would be nice! Can you also look at extending this to the reverse lights as well (if you see the light and housing you'll see what I'm talking about, because it looks like all you need to do is extend the board and add some LEDs)?

Replacing an 1157 with an "LED 1157" is illegal, for it renders the lamp's performance noncompliant with the regulations.

I have never had a bulb inside a lens checked by anyone......that happens in Canada?

+1

70-71 duster for sure!!! These leds light would be nice! Can you also look at extending this to the reverse lights as well (if you see the light and housing you'll see what i'm talking about, because it looks like all you need to do is extend the board and add some leds)?

My .02...(As an student of the engineering disciplines)

Dan is right. In this increasingly litigious society, you gotta cover your a$$, and there's no two ways around it. He's also trying to make sure that people aren't getting hurt. Period.

And...
From an empirical (observational) standpoint, there's a LOT of LED trash out there. I remember my friend Chris putting LED's in his '74 Dart back in like '98 or '99. They were new, and expensive. They were also dim as hell, and had near zero viewing angle. On the brakes, you could almost tell that they were on, and if you lined yourself up correctly, they WERE bright as could be. Too bad that was about a foot and a half off the ground. There's a LOT of this trash still out there!

And....
Spaghetti really could have done a much better job answering the question at hand...Saying "yeah, well, doesn't matter" really does not inspire much confidence. Personally, not being direct and concrete with an answer is a huge pet peeve.

However...
As mentioned, apologies go a long way to showing someone's willingness to think about things behind the scenes.

BUT...
Even if they're not cert'd, even if they're not 100% up to spec, even if they could be better...I think that Spaghetti's products are probably still better than what a huge lot of the now-35-plus-year-old cars out there have now (I have NOT seen them first hand). Not better through OEM defect or poor design, but by simple age.

Dan, I respect your fact-based-opinion more than you know, but I really do doubt that 5% of the Mopars on the road have dead-stock lighting that is any closer to passing spec now than these LED's. And stock meets spec for as-new and so there's no liability, even if it is sub-par.
I think it behooves every Mo-owner to clean the lenses inside and out, purify the grounding system, run fresh clean wire (with relays when needed) to power all external lighting, and so on and so forth. I really do get jumpy when the mags talk about electrical upgrades (I've always wanted to run Harley HID's in my Dart, and test the output for spec), but I don't think most people have the knowledge, cash, willpower, and/or foresight to go through with making lighting that's top-notch. I know the sockets for the tail lamps in my Dart are corroded and broken and nasty and I don't know where to get what I need to make it better and I'm a huge spec-nerd, too! It frosts my a$$ every time I look at the rear of my car, because I know the lights back there suck.

Given that...I think Spaghetti could handle things a little better, but I don't think that what they're doing is a bad thing at all, because most owners don't get to see (and therefore think about) their own brake lights. I think pushing Spaghetti towards testing will DRAMATICALLY improve their product offering, but I'll take an un-tested reasonable LED upgrade over a dirty lens or weak ground any day, just by virtue of the fact that the guy with LED's is probably going to pay attention to those taillights more often, and therefore keep them in better shape. He paid money for them to be bright, and by God, he's gonna ***** when they're not.

We all know that the only people that see Mopar taillights are Chevy guys, anyways.

Hey guys, We have offiically released LED Tail Light kits for Mopars, more so for A-bodies the 69 Dart and 67,69 barracuda as of right now. And for all the naysayers out there we will put our LED panels up against any Bulb or LED for brightness, quality, and satisfaction. Here are DIGI-TAILS LED tail lights compared to a stock bulb.

Attachments

• brakeIntensitydifference.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 341
my dart ones finished? i'll be up tomorrow,,

just put those led reverse light bulbs in today.. they are really white light. looks neat.

How are those 70-71 Duster tail lights/reverse LEDs coming along?

SebastianSpaghetti,send me your web site info to buy a few sets of lights,if I can have a set of lights that are brighter,last longer,uses less power,at a good price,I am in big time.I don,t give a rats *** about the (this spec or that spec) I see if they are better or worse and if they are,I tell every one,that they are great.I don,t care about a certain members rant about laws,If I install it,its my problem,know one else,s problem.I have yet to see a cop pull some one over for having a light too bright,or for using less energy,they pull you over because it,s not working or dim,and most of the time they miss it any ways.mrmopartech
need lights for my cars:
2000 dodge ram 1500
1965 chrysler 300
1968 hemi dart
if you have the lights,I have the money,mrmopartech

This is directed mostly for sebastian but is relative to all. Yesterday morning at my work (I do highway road construction) a drunk young lady was heading the wrong direction on the highway and ran headlong into a dump truck going the correct direction. Keep in mind that the dump truck was doing absolutely nothing wrong and the extremely intoxicated gal was going in the wrong direction. That dump truck and the driver spent an excruciating 3 hours being poured over by two commercial vehicle inspectors. I asked the state trooper why the scrutiny of an innocent vehicle. His unofficial statement was that they have to do their due diligence in case a lawsuit were to be filed by the deceased ladies estate. Unfortunately lawyers have made our society believe that someone else is always to blame and they will always chase the deepest pockets. Sebastian, I believe that while Dan may be riding you a little hard he may in the long save you a lot of heartache and financial pain

my .02

Jason

I don't know how Plymouth got away with the small red lenses in the 1968 Barracuda taillight. I have been scared of these dim taillights cruising out the interstate at night.

Yeah, I realize the opaque/white outer "Backup" lense is somewhat lit by the inner bulb inside the red filter. Quite honestly they suck as far as i'm concerned. Even with the newer 1157 bulbs they are really dim as park/running lights. The brake lights are as bright as my 87 Rams parklights! I tried the 30 led 1157 replacement. That led replacement had 15 leds facing rearward and 15 in a circle around the side of the fixture. They sucked too! What can be done about that? Hope these guys provide something for us 68 Barracuda owners. The only difference between the 67-9 and the 68 would be a row of white leds around the outer edge of the board with its own circiut.

SebastianSpaghetti,send me your web site info to buy a few sets of lights,if I can have a set of lights that are brighter,last longer,uses less power,at a good price,I am in big time.I don,t give a rats *** about the (this spec or that spec) I see if they are better or worse and if they are,I tell every one,that they are great.I don,t care about a certain members rant about laws,If I install it,its my problem,know one else,s problem.I have yet to see a cop pull some one over for having a light too bright,or for using less energy,they pull you over because it,s not working or dim,and most of the time they miss it any ways.mrmopartech
need lights for my cars:
2000 dodge ram 1500
1965 chrysler 300
1968 hemi dart
if you have the lights,I have the money,mrmopartech

http://www.spaghettiengineering.com/comersus/store/home.asp

I don't know how Plymouth got away with the small red lenses in the 1968 Barracuda taillight. I have been scared of these dim taillights cruising out the interstate at night.

Yeah, I realize the opaque/white outer "Backup" lense is somewhat lit by the inner bulb inside the red filter. Quite honestly they suck as far as i'm concerned. Even with the newer 1157 bulbs they are really dim as park/running lights. The brake lights are as bright as my 87 Rams parklights! I tried the 30 led 1157 replacement. That led replacement had 15 leds facing rearward and 15 in a circle around the side of the fixture. They sucked too! What can be done about that? Hope these guys provide something for us 68 Barracuda owners. The only difference between the 67-9 and the 68 would be a row of white leds around the outer edge of the board with its own circiut.

They are on our design table. :-D

64-65 Barracuda (65 valiant) In the works?
How much do these typically go for?

I was going to build my own set but depending on performance and cost I may not.

well IMO it is all fine and dandy for everyone to cover their asses...all I know is , I want to cover the *** of my 73 duster with a nice set of these...

They should look and work better than bulbs.

My buddy has them in his sport satellite and they are intense.

I like the sweeping motion of the turn signal but it would be really cool if you could program it to flash or sweep like a big arrow pattern.

They should look and work better than bulbs.

My buddy has them in his sport satellite and they are intense.

I like the sweeping motion of the turn signal but it would be really cool if you could program it to flash or sweep like a big arrow pattern.

or just keep it simple and flash amber....much more visible than red...

Not sure if amber would be much difference behind the red lense but now that you mention it, I'm curious what it would look like with amber LED's.

And by the way, garsh dang slant six Dan, I've seen Mercedes Benz copywrite lawyers and Pitt bulls less aggressive than you were to Mr. spaghetti......holy crap!

I hope the poor guy was able to sleep at night.....dayammmm.

Not sure if amber would be much difference behind the red lense but now that you mention it, I'm curious what it would look like with amber LED's.

And by the way, garsh dang slant six Dan, I've seen Mercedes Benz copywrite lawyers and Pitt bulls less aggressive than you were to Mr. spaghetti......holy crap!

Dan is just doing his best by being helpful. When you know as much about lighting as Dan does, which is more than ANY of us and likely all of us combined, it is wise to consider what he is saying.

speaking of intense , i just read this whole thread and it was getting thick. personally ,(with all due respect to everyone) as long as the fools on the road can see my brake lights from 100 yards, im not concerned with any legalities. the PoPo is not going to take my taillights apart to find out if they meet any standards here in CO. now if i could just get some for my 73 duster (hint..hint..)

hmm...wonder if they can come up with a clear lens...lol doubt it....i forgot these are just circuit boards that go behind the factory lens..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back