New member in CO

-

70DusterNM

Reaction score
Hey everyone im Nick and just got and old 70 Duster yesterday with no engine or tranny so its just a rolling body right now, but im really new to mopar and restoring cars so if you have any advice for me i would deeply appreciate it.
-Nick

Welcome aboard Nick. A 70 Duster will accept almost any engine / tranny / rear end combination with minimum effort. My advise would be to read as many threads as you can on FABO,decide what you want to put into, and get out of the car, then make a plan and stick with it. Oh, and ask lots of questions right here. :) Good luck.

Welcome aboard...you've found the best forum on the net, enjoy.

360's are a lot easier to find for a lot less money than a 340. And you start off with 20 cubic inches more engine, and a longer stroke for better street torque. Just a thought.

Hello, Nick and welcome to FABO! Hope you post a few pictures of your new project soon. Good luck with it and keep us posted on the progress.
Matt

360's are a lot easier to find for a lot less money than a 340. And you start off with 20 cubic inches more engine, and a longer stroke for better street torque. Just a thought.
i know but once i get enought money i was hoping to stroke it out to a 390, but who knows it all just depends what i can find here locally

Where in Co? I'm in SE Denver. Great group of guys and gals here, remember there are no stupid questions. I know, I already asked most of them so anything you ask is just a repeat.

Welcome aboard and clear your calendar, this "hobby" is addictive.

Jim

Just joined this site the other day myself. Yep, a 340 or 360 will be a pretty painless swap. You will need to match the rear end, trans and drive shaft as changing any one of those will require a different drive shaft length. I think the slip yoke is different from the 904 to 727 also but I could be wrong. It's been 25 yrs that I had anything with a 904 in it.

By the way, I've been to Longmont. While I was there visiting friends in the mid 80's I saw the most rain I ever seen in my life! Also somewhere in the area was a couple of junk yards that had cars as far as the eye could see. Are they still around?

Anyway, welcome!!

yep there are a couple junk yards still around but none quite that big i dont think and its pretty much been raining here all summer long

Welcome Nick. My advice is find someone intimate with the 360 swap and save yourself some trial and error. Good luck!

welcome aboard:) i am in castle rock now but goin to skool in cheyenne so if you need anything let me know lol. i have a 904 tranny for sale and a BUILDER 318 lol if you want. i need em gone

if i could get $150 you could have the tranny, torque conterter, flex plate, 75 a body tranny mount, 75 318 and all the parts i have for both:) idk if thats a good price so if not make an offer lol. i dont have the tins for the motor like oil pan or valve covers. and it was 2brl so i think i just pitched that intake but will see.

well i got a seized 318 with tins today lol. so i can sell them:) pm me if you wanna do something. i gotta move it quick tho. i am movein. lol this saterday would work great for me if that works for u. but just pm me and we can talk

-
Back