New Member Valencia, Pa.

-

superchargeddrt

Reaction score
Hi Guy's

I'm new to the forum. I've posted a couple of responses but I thought it was time to say"hello". I live in Valencia, Pa about 25 miles north of downtown Pittsburgh. My car is a supercharged 1969 Dart Swinger 340. I have had the car since 1981 and I have a lot of work into the car. The engine is a balanced 340 with a complete roller valve train. The heads are X heads with stainless steel valves with a multi-angle valve job and port work. The trans is a TCI street fighter 727 with a reversed valve manual body and 3200 stall converter. I just changed the third member in my 8 3/4 from 4.30 : 1 to 3.55:1 and I've changed to bbp axles and swapped my 4 piston Kelsey Hayes disc brakes for a Wilwood setup. I'm looking forward to participating in the forum. Thanks for all of the GREAT info you guys are providing.

Welcome aboard, you car sounds killer...and I have a thing for yellow darts.

Supercharged small block?!? You're OK in my book!:toothy10: Welcome! Hard to tell form the pic, but how does she hook on those little tires?:toothy10:

I'll try to post a picture of the engine soon. I travel for a living nd I'm in St Louis right now. I'll see if I can get it done for next week.

Nice looking yellow Dart 340John. I fell in love with yellow Darts ever since I saw Bob George's 1968 Hemi Dart in a magazine in the late 70's

Hi JD. Thanks for the kind words. Well as you might expect it just doesn't like to hook with the BFG's. I have a set of M&H Racemaster super sticky D.O.T. approved tire that I run when I go to the track. The car is not tubbed so the biggest tire I can fit into the wheel wells is a G60-15. I have been able to run mid 11's with the M&H tires but it's tricky to get them to hook up. The car is an original 340 car so I'm not too keen on the idea of cutting the wheel wells for mini tubbing.

Welcome to FABO!.....nice ride

What type of supercharger?
Hi Tony,

The supercharger is a B&M 174. I bought it in 1988. B&M ignored Chrysler when they made the under the hood blowers (typical), but Dick Landy did all of the dyno work for B&M and he decided that if B&M wasn't going to make it then he would. He took an Offenhauser dual quad manifold and cut off the carb flanges. Then he mig welded the supercharger flanges in place. Then he decided to use the big blow blower instead of the one normally used by B&M for the small blocks. So the advantage I have is that I get the big blower on the small block, the disadvantage is that because it's not a "low profile" manifold I have to use the fiberglass hood/six pack scoop (I like it anyway). Anyay that's the story on the blower

-
Back