New/old motor for the duster ..

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
A 1975 360 I picked up 6-8 months ago of CL... Take it apart, clean and check everything...
Zero cylinder ridge.. actually still plenty of hash marks.
Replaced #4 cam bearing ...
Had a good double roller laying around..
Cam and lifters looked great..
Lapped valves..
Got an Edelbrock performer at the swap meet...
Electric water pump been on the shelf for years...
Traded unwanted parts for car oil pan and pickup tube, automatic transmission (rebuilder) automatic break pedal, stock alternator..
Also got an automatic shifter at the swap meet...
IMG_20230413_182744719_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230413_153649650.jpg

IMG_20230410_090501952_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230415_090038339.jpg

IMG_20230411_191620642.jpg

IMG_20230415_090046248.jpg

IMG_20230411_122952052.jpg

IMG_20230407_112013042.jpg

IMG_20230407_103712614.jpg

IMG_20230411_092857292.jpg

Question is, what are you going to do with it?

I know you're considering selling your Duster, is this engine going to be swapped to it? therefore keeping the stroker for another project:D

The duster will never pull the money that I have in the expensive parts so I'm keeping them... No other projects in mind...
Maybe put said good parts on power wagon...:thumbsup:

Can't say this is fun, just a whole lot of parts scrubbing...:mob:
aw come on!!! scrubbing parts after the auto parts store closed until midnite was a blast!!! MAYBE because I was still young?
and going in on holidays we were closed to rebuild a 727...boss comes in and wonders if it will be cleaned up before the store opened.
it was. ya know, I think you are correct, it isn't that much fun anymore. just gonna hafte make/get a parts cleaner and go to town.
good luck with the build and sale!

Dam, never thought you would sell the duster, you didn't even use the nitrous on it did you?, guess we never will get to race, bummer.
You would have to show up at the track for us to race? LOL..
The stock 360 with probably be more of a fair race for you anyways... LOL ..
Then again I'll be tuning my car and you know that means it's going to be untouchable...:lol:

You would have to show up at the track for us to race? LOL..
The stock 360 with probably be more of a fair race for you anyways... LOL ..
Then again I'll be tuning my car and you know that means it's going to be untouchable...:lol:
Sure, you raced for what two years?, never to race again lol, I know you wished your car was as cool as mine but just to give up and sell it is crazy!. Seriously I really wouldn't care how fast either of us were or if we raced each other, it's just one less stick car that can go to the track if you sell it.

Strokers make good truck motors with all that bottom end grunt.

Sure, you raced for what two years?, never to race again lol, I know you wished your car was as cool as mine but just to give up and sell it is crazy!. Seriously I really wouldn't care how fast either of us were or if we raced each other, it's just one less stick car that can go to the track if you sell it.
LOL.. 2 years... I don't know if it's humanly possible to accumulate that many Time slips in 2 years... Speaking of which????... LOL..
The motor and the four speed ain't going nowhere.. either is the tunnel ram or nitrous MSD stuff or any of my goodies..
Yeah it'd be fun just to run the cars...

Looks like a good engine. Good luck with your plans moving forward.

He's already got one in his truck. lol
I did score a big block short shaft 727 at the swap meet this year.. my 440 block is still at the machine shop awaiting me to come up with a 512 stroker kit for it...
That should have some bottom end grunt... :thumbsup:

-
Back