New pictures of my Duster!

-

69bronzeT5

My wife's car is faster.
Reaction score
I got around to scanning some more pictures. The first set is from the first road trip I ever took in it. Actually, it was the first time I ever actually drove it (twice around the block before- that's it). We were working the night before to change the burnt plug wires and replace the distributor cap, rotor and plugs. We also worked a few days before that to get the starter in. This trip was to get it from my grandparent's house in Vancouver to my house on the Island. We were trying to make the A&W car show in my town but apperentley they did awards early and everybody left except for a few cars. The only Mopar there when I arrived was this lime green Slant 6 '74 Duster. The guy paid $8,600 for it! :eek: Well actually, a FY1 '70 Challenger R/T rolled by but never stopped. Anyways, the car didn't let me down at all during this trip :cheers:
c243.jpg

98a4.jpg

16a4.jpg

a138.jpg

ad4a.jpg

a61d.jpg

f80e.jpg

e8e2.jpg

92c3.jpg

45e0.jpg

These pictures are from the first car show I ever took it to. This was on June 26th, 2009. A first annual show in an area called Shawnigan Lake. It was at a private school so there were a few preppy (think their hot ****) car owners there. I got a good laugh out of the brown stock Volvo 4dr parked beside us. The lime green '71 Valiant 4dr beside the Duster is my friend Tyson's old car. It was a Slant 6. He did a lot of work to it but hadn't finished (hence primer). We nicknamed it "The Green Bastard". :lol: He sold it back in August though to a guy who was gonna drop a 440 in it. Tyson has since bought an '81 Malibu with a 305. Me and Tyson had the only Mopars there. A bronze '68-'69 Barracuda showed up but then drove away. The Duster didn't behave this day. It wouldn't start at the gas station (ignition problems), then it wouldn't start for about 10 minutes at the car wash. Then on the highway to the show, it started spewing oil. A bad valve cover gasket (well actually, installation job :D) turned out to be the cause. The funny thing was, the fancy red Nova beside me was spewing even more oil and it was dropping like rain onto the grass field ;)
bc39.jpg

4f5c.jpg

4fe2.jpg

dd5f.jpg

ec74.jpg

Love the colour...

I do too but it's getting up there in age and it wasn't a good paint job to begin with (fish eyes, some runs etc). The clearcoat is orange peeling in some places. I decided on black with white 340 stripes.8)

-
Back