New seats are in!

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of black leather buckets out of a 09 Mustang GT for cheap. I managed to get them bolted in yesterday and cleaned up this morning. They are a good fit in a Demon after you get a little creative with the bolts. The front seat anchor points require one bolt hole to be drilled front to back in the floor and the other front anchor point requires a hook bolt. The rear anchor points took normal bolts and the holes were straight down. The power options on the seats were a piece of cake once I found a wiring diagram for the seats. I took power from the radio circuit and the ground was the inside of the rocker panel. Everything works as it should. I left the airbags powerless. Don't need play with those buggers. Here are a couple of photos. Please, no comments on the dirty floor. I just got the car out of storage.

Jack

SEAT001.JPG

SEAT002.JPG

Those look great Jack & WAY more comfortable than my Mopar buckets. Nice work !!

Thanks "C". You would not believe how much more comfortable they are than plastic racing buckets. My wife loves them. Not bad for $100 and 4 hours to install them.

Jack

They look right at home for sure, but I do think you should put the passenger side seat air bags on a manual switch by the driver. :D
That could be really fun with an unruly hitchhiker.

They look right at home for sure, but I do think you should put the passenger side seat air bags on a manual switch by the driver. :D
That could be really fun with an unruly hitchhiker.

Or maybe an unruly spouse...hmmm LOL

Or maybe an unruly spouse...hmmm LOL

if you really want to properly handle an unruly spouse you should put the old bench seat back in ;)

(that way, when you have had enough of her, a little left hand turn will put some nice distance in between the two of you)

They almost look as if they belong but we all know better.
Messy, messy, messy...I didn't read the don't comment part.
Now I'm going to need another drive in the Demon and probably Aaron too.

I really like the seats. I think they would look even slicker and fit the car better if you removed the head rests.

I'm not a big fan of those seats myself , but one thing you can do is put the head rests in a large press and bend them so they don't push your head as far forward.

Looks factory. Good you have factory shoulder belts. My 64 & 65 don't, so I bought seats w/ integral shoulder belts - Mustang Cobra convt & Sebring, respectively. I fit the Sebring seats in the Dart, making custom brackets, but haven't tried the electric motors yet (some years can be finicky, needing a box). The Cobra controls are simpler, just requiring 12 VDC.

I'm not a big fan of those seats myself , but one thing you can do is put the head rests in a large press and bend them so they don't push your head as far forward.

I was worried about the headrests at first, but when I sat in the Mustang they came from I found they didn't push my head forward at all so I took the chance. After getting them in the Demon, the headrests are not a problem and may just save my neck a little if I ever have an accident.

Jack

I really like the seats. I think they would look even slicker and fit the car better if you removed the head rests.
Don't remove the one on Phyllis' side, she will complain of a sore neck from time to time...I had to put one on Jackie's side for that reason and followed that by my side too.

I picked up a pair of black leather buckets out of a 09 Mustang GT for cheap. I managed to get them bolted in yesterday and cleaned up this morning. They are a good fit in a Demon after you get a little creative with the bolts. The front seat anchor points require one bolt hole to be drilled front to back in the floor and the other front anchor point requires a hook bolt. The rear anchor points took normal bolts and the holes were straight down. The power options on the seats were a piece of cake once I found a wiring diagram for the seats. I took power from the radio circuit and the ground was the inside of the rocker panel. Everything works as it should. I left the airbags powerless. Don't need play with those buggers. Here are a couple of photos. Please, no comments on the dirty floor. I just got the car out of storage.

Jack

View attachment 1714939896

View attachment 1714939897

-
Back