New Sharktooth Grille on the horizon?

-
Well lookie here. Maybe soon some of you guys can be spared the agony of paying top dollar for a cracked, busted up, incomplete 40-year old Sharktooth grille that requires of two weeks of salvage work.

http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/3574031.html

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=205360

Classic Automotive has these but I think they dont come close to sharpness and quality of the original ones.

[URL]http://www.cudagrille.com/index.php?crn=205&rn=382&action=show_detail[/URL]

I think they have tried this before and the results wasn't good. Maybe this time it will be better.

Classic Industries ......it will likely be very hi quality.
they are also going to re-pop the correct " twist in " signal light sockets

GOOD!!! Should drop the prices a little from the people who ask for 1000.

wow I knew the day would come when A body parts where getting re-poped just hoped it wouldent be sky high

Still a bunch of coin for a grill. I guess I don't get it. Does a shark tooth grill add $1000 to resale value?

I still want to know how they're going to finish them- if they're just going to paint them silver, figure on a day just to mask it off to paint the black.

At the risk of getting the $*!t slapped outta me here,,,,,i actually prefer the standard 340 grille...........

Attachments

• 340 grill.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 462
I think they would look cool body color!

Yup, repops will sure drive the price down on originals!!!

This is sweet. Gonna make a lot of people happy but thats a pretty penny. I like both grilles but prefer the sharks tooth on 71-72 340 cars and the plain grille on 70s.

I'm voting "none of the above". My two favourite grilles for this front end are the '69 US Valiant grille and the Australian '69 "VF" and '70 "VG" Australian Valiant grilles—regular argent or striped "Pacer" w/single round (VF) or single rectangular (VG) headlamps, or "VIP" w/dual round headlamps.

VF:
Chrysler_VF_Valiant_Regal_Sedan.JPG

VF Pacer
Chrysler_VF_Valiant_Pacer.JPG

VF VIP:
Untitled-19.jpg

VG:
2080559538_883e0a33b6.jpg

VG Pacer:
5046163837_f8b10fdf0c.jpg

VG VIP:
5046781990_70ed0d8a2f.jpg

I'm voting "none of the above". My two favourite grilles for this front end are the '69 US Valiant grille and the '70 "VG" Australian Valiant grille w/rectangular headlamps.

Going to have to agree with Dan on this.

don't get me wrong, I like the standard grill and i really like the sharktooth grill. But I think they are WAY over priced!.

I picked my 69 valiant grill up for $100.00 from a member here awhile back,with headlight bezels,with turnsignal lenses and housings and pig tails,INCLUDING shipping. try to make that happen with a shark tooth grill lol. heck.....you will spend 5 times that for one with busted tabs,missing fins and cracks more often than not.

I just think for the looks,durability ( made of metal not plastic ) , price .....69 valiant grill was the right choice for me.

not raining on anyones parade here. if you like the sharktooth grills the best or you are one of the people who have bought or restored one. more power to ya!.

Id like to have one .... I am just not going to spend that kind of money for one or even the kind of money people ask for used ones.

X2,on the valiant metal grill,polish up,they sure look nice to me.

I am with oldmanrick on this one, I still like the 72 standard grill myself, I just cant find myself parting with $1,000.00. I can find other things that are needed to restore mine.....

In my opinion only....

Thanks

Attachments

• _1287261431.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 381
  • _6049760996.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 357
they may be asking $6-$800 for one requiring repairs,but are they selling?
there was one on e bay almost timed out a few days ago, and the bidding was only about $300.
i just restored and sold a shark tooth grill for $600 including shipping,a nice piece and have just finished another which is also sold.
i have a standard grill in my car and like it.

But will they be an "Officially" licensed KISS product...like the coffins, credit cards, ladies undies?

i really like both thats why i like to change back and forth its an easy way to change your look .but a g note for a beat up grill just dont make sense to me.

Just think, you have some nut back into you in a parking lot and your insurance company will try to total your car instead of buying you a hood and grille. It's just a '71 plymouth it's not like it is a real car like a rustwang. That was bad sarcasm, but that really is the way some think.

-
Back