New skyscraper in San Francisco has ruined the skyline

-
How bout this skyline?

View attachment 1715089948
giant-inflatable-breast-breastfeeding-london-18.jpg[\img]  How bout this skyline

Not bad, but it's missing one.... :p

They usually come in matched sets... :D :D

And then Californians move out to places like Colorado and ruin that place.... due to...... greedy...... development

You ought to see it here. It's insane. The front range is the proverbial five pound bag. What sucks even worse is that the ones that come out here like to complain about their view being blocked by development. Like anyone gave a **** about my view when they turned the farmland(my view) into developments.

You ought to see it here. It's insane. The front range is the proverbial five pound bag. What sucks even worse is that the ones that come out here like to complain about their view being blocked by development. Like anyone gave a **** about my view when they turned the farmland(my view) into developments.

Brother, you're preaching to the choir. Born in Boulder, grew up in Longmont/Lyons. Pricks from California and elsewhere have RUINED that state. Homeless Fuckers everywhere. Deadbeat hippie trash on all the street corners. Cost of living through the roof.

I hate it. My dad wants to kill em all, render the fat for fuel, and dump the rest for fertilizer. I miss the Colorado from when I was a kid. Decent people and farms.

I miss the Colorado from when I was a kid. Decent people and farms.

I bet your Dad and I would get along real good. I have a pretty fair idea as to how the Indians felt when they had their homes and way of life destroyed in the name of progress. I don't know how old you are but I witnessed the influx of hippies in the late sixties and seventies. It's ironic that they were run out of California and settled here for their peace and freedom, only to have the the uppity Californians that ran them off follow them.
Do I ***** about it? Goddam right I do. I get called an asshole and I respond with "goddam right I am". I don't even give people the right of way if they have out of state plates on their car. They can go back to wherever the **** they came from if they don't like it.

I left Fort Collins when it go too big and Congested. I moved to Windsor and watched it grow from 5k people to 25k people over the course of fifteen years. I moved to Severance with a population of 125 people. It grew to 2500 people over the course of five years. They're all coming from out of state and turning this place into the very place they found unbearable and intolerable.

I bet your Dad and I would get along real good. I have a pretty fair idea as to how the Indians felt when they had their homes and way of life destroyed in the name of progress. I don't know how old you are but I witnessed the influx of hippies in the late sixties and seventies. It's ironic that they were run out of California and settled here for their peace and freedom, only to have the the uppity Californians that ran them off follow them.
Do I ***** about it? Goddam right I do. I get called an asshole and I respond with "goddam right I am". I don't even give people the right of way if they have out of state plates on their car. They can go back to wherever the **** they came from if they don't like it.
my dad is 64, and the two of you would get along juuuuust fiiiiine

Brother lives in Lakewood, CO, not far from Bandimere. Well, development is going in east of there across 470. People were told that the dragstrip is already in place, so complaints about noise will fall on 'deaf' ears. See, if you don't like noise, move/build somewhere else. Way it oughta be.

Maybe, but it is where they hold the Mile High Nationals every year for some time. Money talks, occasionally.

We have city folks move to our farm country then hire lawyers because they don't like farming activities around them. I guess they think their food comes from the organic isle at Wal-Mart or Costco.

Boy, this posting has gone off the railroad track?
From San Francisco skyline, to Colorado transplants. :wtf:

The Cuban government obliges youngsters to experience agriculture hands on during their summer vacations to instill a sense of awareness with respect to respecting mother earth and those who work in the fields for the common good (at least I know this program did exist at one time).

I grew up there, worked there, and ultimately left for a far different lifestyle. Lived and worked in the marina district devastated by the earthquake in 1989, yet loved it while there. The skyline is for others in the East Bay to see. Money and progress don't care about views. Property at such a high premium makes having cars for pleasure a real difficult proposition, so I'm not surprised that most everyone here has a distaste for what you see. Simply a matter of different lifestyles, likes and preferences. Now my like is my 10 acres in farm country. Never would have figured I'd end up in the Midwest on what was once part of a working farm, and oh yes, I'm a Cal Berkeley grad living the simple life in Missouri.

Brother lives in Lakewood, CO, not far from Bandimere. Well, development is going in east of there across 470. People were told that the dragstrip is already in place, so complaints about noise will fall on 'deaf' ears. See, if you don't like noise, move/build somewhere else. Way it oughta be.

I sure as hell hope that's the way it's going to be. Unfortunately Bandimere hasn't been sinking any money into the facility because he's under the impression that his days are numbered. Bandimere is one of the few places that puts on a national event without running water and probably always will be. I'm not an outhouse fan and I don't think too many people are. You can sit there and watch the homes encroaching and you just know the impending results. Red Rocks is right over the hill and I can well imagine them being on the list some day too.

And then there is Morrison right there and still the races go on. Brother lives off Morrison Rd East of Bear Creek Park and you can hear the big boys run.

I sure as hell hope that's the way it's going to be. Unfortunately Bandimere hasn't been sinking any money into the facility because he's under the impression that his days are numbered. Bandimere is one of the few places that puts on a national event without running water and probably always will be. I'm not an outhouse fan and I don't think too many people are. You can sit there and watch the homes encroaching and you just know the impending results. Red Rocks is right over the hill and I can well imagine them being on the list some day too.

And then there is Morrison right there and still the races go on. Brother lives off Morrison Rd East of Bear Creek Park and you can hear the big boys run.

And where is KCIR, again?

{wind noise}

A problem quote (from MSN 09/13/2017) more serious in San Francisco than just spoiling the view:

The multimillion-dollar condos sinking in San Francisco
Bad news keeps piling up at the "leaning tower" of San Francisco.

Millennium Tower is a luxury residential high-rise that has sunk 17 inches and tilted 14 inches since it was completed in 2008. Though an inspection by the city showed it's safe to occupy, the building's wealthy residents take no solace. Their multimillion-dollar condos have tumbled $320,000 in value on average.

Click through to see what we know about the fate of Millennium Tower.

-
Back