New to Forum, First Project!

-

Jzaid84

Reaction score
Wanted to introduce myself formally here and tell you guys about me. I recently acquired a 1966 Barracuda. I am stoked to get this project going and I am eager to learn from all of you guys on the way.

My 66' has a 318 in it with a code dated to 1969...so its exciting to know I have an older block albeit not original to the vehicle.

I have the engine in the machine shop already and so far we've found out that the engine is virgin and has not been bored or tinkered with.

Things I plan to do:
360 Magnum Heads (P & P)
Bore 30-40 Over
Edelbrock RPM AirGap
Comp Cams XE HL
KB 167 Pistons
Mill / Flat Deck Pistons

If anyone has any of the above, I'll be glad to make an offer.

Goal, to have a weekend cruiser with good power and handling. Goal is 400HP; looking for low to mid range power more so than top end.

Looking for:
8 3/4" Rear End with 4.5" Bolt Pattern

Will take any word of advice or suggestions!

Thanks,

Jimmy

Hey Jimmy, welcome to a great site! You'll find plenty of help, parts and advice here for sure.

Thanks Guys...I'm reading as much as possible; I am self employed, so when I don't have customers I am doing my hw!

Welcome to FABO and good luck on your project! Sounds like a solid plan. Dont forget to roll over to the member restoration section to start a thread and kee us up to date on your build. Remember, we love pics!

-
Back