New to the old mopar world

-

Grabmyhammer

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I figured I should introduce myself since I recently bought one of my dream cars of which is a early 70s plymouth duster. This one specifically is a 1972 plymouth duster. Originally a 318/904/8-3/4 car but someone recently swapped a 360 into it. The car is manual steering, manual brakes with 4 wheels drums. Also don't mind the fake 340 someone at some point painted that on. I also do have the build sheet and alot of the receipts the previous owner did years and years ago. Anyway I've had the car for about 3 weeks, and I knew buying this car that it's going to need some love. I've already done a couple little things. But there's some bigger things I will need to tackle such as the suspension. But other than that the car is pretty fun and different compared the 3rd gen dodge trucks I'm used to. So there some things I gotta learn about these old a-bodies now that I own one. I'll also add more pictures of the car later

20221003_183458.jpg

20221003_214222.jpg

Hey everyone, I figured I should introduce myself since I recently bought one of my dream cars of which is a early 70s plymouth duster. This one specifically is a 1972 plymouth duster. Originally a 318/904/8-3/4 car but someone recently swapped a 360 into it. The car is manual steering, manual brakes with 4 wheels drums. Also don't mind the fake 340 someone at some point painted that on. I also do have the build sheet and alot of the receipts the previous owner did years and years ago. Anyway I've had the car for about 3 weeks, and I knew buying this car that it's going to need some love. I've already done a couple little things. But there's some bigger things I will need to tackle such as the suspension. But other than that the car is pretty fun and different compared the 3rd gen dodge trucks I'm used to. So there some things I gotta learn about these old a-bodies now that I own one. I'll also add more pictures of the car later

View attachment 1716002487

View attachment 1716002488
Welcome from southern AB!!
Lots of good people and info on this site!!

Welcome.. my first duster was a 72.. one year only tail lights...
Nice looking start...:thumbsup:

Nice, had a 71 and 72 Duster myself. Sweet little cars. Start with the stock 340, 4 speed suspension.

Welcome! When, and if, you get around to painting it, stay with the F8 green. Nothing better than an A Body in F8 green. You are starting out with a great car.

Do a LS swap and paint it purple with pink polka dots if you want... whatever makes you happy...
You're the one spending the money...

Welcome to FABO, I really like the car and especially the color.
I live about 15 minutes away from you in Lethbridge.
Feel free to P.M. me your phone number if you just want to B.S. or you need parts for the car, I may have something that you need.
I actually saw your car driving in Coaldale a couple of weeks ago.
And one of our members (missing linc) posted a picture of it in the ''Canadian Mopars On The Street'' thread.
Where did you find the car?

Thanks welcome wagon everyone. And to answer your question dartnut, I found it in claresholm. Ya it was definitely out and about lots a couple weeks ago. Just been driving it to find its issues and quirks, and we'll just enjoying the car before it gets too cold. And I might give you a shout out sometime, since I'm looking into suspension stuff and I'm not familiar with these old torsion bar suspension.

Welcome from Minnesota, nice wheels, I’m also new and bought a duster about a month and a half ago

Before it gets too cold? You don't have much time. My daughter lives just north of Toronto, and they have already had snow.

-
Back