New tool. CAT D6B

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
Just bought this from a ranch close by, I’ve wanted it for a few years. Don’t know much about these or how to operate but I have plenty of space and time to learn. It’s a factory turbo, runs great, tilt cylinder has a class 3 leak, I’ll send that off to get rebuilt. But the main priority is getting the right steering brake repaired/ adjusted. It’ll turn, but once you pull the steering clutch lever to disengage, you really gotta mash that pedal hard for it to steer right. Left side turns like butter. Couldn’t pass it up for $6,000. I did have to hire out the transportation.

IMG_6632.jpeg

IMG_6639.jpeg

IMG_6640.jpeg

IMG_6638.jpeg

IMG_6634.jpeg

IMG_6642.jpeg

IMG_6647.jpeg

Nice! That will do some work for you. Here’s my little toy: 1955 JD40C. My father bought it new.

IMG_3368.jpeg

way to bury the lede, tell us about the long hood pete!

those are neat little units. the triple 3 motor is stone ax reliable and dead simple to work on. cool score!

As long as we are showing our dozers:
This is my JD 450e turbo. 6way blade.
IMG_9932.jpeg

Give the old D6 a good going over, fix what you can, farm out the rest and then enjoy moving some dirt. That old crawler will probably out live a lot of us.

I am sooooooo jealous. Hell here I come for coveting my neighbors goods.

Dang....dozers must be the new rage, lol. There's a guy on Moparts, who lives in Texas that just got a big ol front end loader for free!

Just bought this from a ranch close by, I’ve wanted it for a few years. Don’t know much about these or how to operate but I have plenty of space and time to learn. It’s a factory turbo, runs great, tilt cylinder has a class 3 leak, I’ll send that off to get rebuilt. But the main priority is getting the right steering brake repaired/ adjusted. It’ll turn, but once you pull the steering clutch lever to disengage, you really gotta mash that pedal hard for it to steer right. Left side turns like butter. Couldn’t pass it up for $6,000. I did have to hire out the transportation.

View attachment 1716257671

View attachment 1716257672

View attachment 1716257673

View attachment 1716257674

View attachment 1716257675

View attachment 1716257676

View attachment 1716257677
A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

Yep, "Killdozer." He certainly slid off his cracker, but only after the local government screwed him.

-
Back