New TTI Headers - What Gasket?

-

4spd340Swinger

Reaction score
Getting ready to order headers. What gasket is everyone using? Will be attached to aluminum Performer heads. Thanks!!!

The TTI headers should come with gaskets, use those. My Hooker headers came with gaskets and bolts.

Yes what comes in the box. OR order REMFLEX gaskets.. That's all I use anymore.

I've had my tti headers on for over a decade, no problem from their gaskets they provide with the headers. I'll actually be ordering another pair, as I have to swap engines.

Modern headers flanges are usually surface ground straight, I learned to check every set.
The remflex helped seal the old style headers where the flanges were far less than true, and needed the high welds filed down, and valleys welded up, then draw filed to get them "true".
I learned after mosta the first headers I installed came back cuz of leaks or rattles.
My mentor made me "check and file" every set, dozens over the years.
I've used the gaskets that come with the headers for the last few dozen sets, never a problem cuz they are "true".
Never ever used a "Remflex".
Regular Mr Gasket otherwise.
Good luck.

Modern headers flanges are usually surface ground straight, I learned to check every set.
The remflex helped seal the old style headers where the flanges were far less than true, and needed the high welds filed down, and valleys welded up, then draw filed to get them "true".
I learned after mosta the first headers I installed came back cuz of leaks or rattles.
My mentor made me "check and file" every set, dozens over the years.
I've used the gaskets that come with the headers for the last few dozen sets, never a problem cuz they are "true".
Never ever used a "Remflex".
Regular Mr Gasket otherwise.
Good luck.
Good advice.
Remflex kinda takes care of all of that for you. They are great. Torque once, no retightening, they work

If you tried remflex the next time you need some you’d never use anything else. Lordco carries them so you don’t have to order online either.

Good advice.
Remflex kinda takes care of all of that for you. They are great. Torque once, no retightening, they work

If you tried remflex the next time you need some you’d never use anything else. Lordco carries them so you don’t have to order online either.

Kinda difficult to explain to a customer why you're charging $50 for a gasket that come with the headers, that works perfectly well.
Thats how shops get accused of overcharging, or mediocre work.

Kinda difficult to explain to a customer why you're charging $50 for a gasket that come with the headers, that works perfectly well.
Thats how shops get accused of overcharging, or mediocre work.
I’d explain it like these.
‘These are the gaskets that the manufacture provides. I think they are okay quality but due to their nature, construction, and thickness they can have a tendency to leak causing an annoying exhaust leak or ticking sound. I can gladly use them however I recommend Remflex which ‘guarantee’s no leaks which is a far superior product. They do cost $49.90 but we think they are worth it.

Then if you want to explain it further you can tell them your shop rate is $150/hour and if the tti ones leak, not only will tti not warranty them we wil. Also have charge however long it takes to change them out, approximately 1-1.5 hours.

Then let them choose.

I know what I would pick if a shop addressed me like that

I’d explain it like these.
‘These are the gaskets that the manufacture provides. I think they are okay quality but due to their nature, construction, and thickness they can have a tendency to leak causing an annoying exhaust leak or ticking sound. I can gladly use them however I recommend Remflex which ‘guarantee’s no leaks which is a far superior product. They do cost $49.90 but we think they are worth it.

Then if you want to explain it further you can tell them your shop rate is $150/hour and if the tti ones leak, not only will tti not warranty them we wil. Also have charge however long it takes to change them out, approximately 1-1.5 hours.

Then let them choose.

I know what I would pick if a shop addressed me like that

Why ?
Never had to explain nothing, I do it right 1st time.
I don't get leaks, - when they leave, or miles later.

You need to do better prep . lol

PS, my mentor woulda kicked my *** around the block if I tried to let a header leak leave the yard, literally.
They didn't have Remflex back when I was installing a set a week.

Why ?
Never had to explain nothing, I do it right 1st time.
I don't get leaks, - when they leave, or miles later.

You need to do better prep . lol

PS, my mentor woulda kicked my *** around the block if I tried to let a header leak leave the yard, literally.
They didn't have Remflex back when I was installing a set a week.
You seem to take this personally so what ever, use what you want. I’m pretty competent as well.

The thumbs up and likes on my post indicate I’m not alone with my opinion on them.

I would like to think that mechanics look to improve and/or stay on top of new and improved products on the market that your customers may actually like.

Last edited:
The gaskets that ship with the TTi headers are very good quality, I had zero issues with my first set in over 8 years. The second set were also trouble free, but I had to do some work that required a new set of gaskets so I got a set of Remflex, no complaints with them either.

i had good results with the tti gaskets. if you don't have them i say go remflex.

V8
Question for those who have used Remflex. What are they constructed of?
Also anyone use soft copper, if so what brand?

Question for those who have used Remflex. What are they constructed of?
Also anyone use soft copper, if so what brand?
Remflex exhaust gaskets are made from 100% flexible graphite and can withstand up to 3,000 degrees F—so they are not affected by exhaust system, and won’t burn out, shrink, or leak. From the Remflex Site.

I had luck with the cooper,only on well made expensive headers.
Low buck Summit/Jegs not much. The Remflex cured those leaks.

-
Back