New Video: Any Zappa fans?

-
Bought all The Mothers early stuff. I always really liked his music and his irreverance! I went to see the Mothers of Invention live in 1968 or 69. Hard to remember exactly, you know the times and all:bom: I do know that the music from the concert would not leave my head for three days, it was that impacting on me. Mostly about Zappa, i liked his lyrics. "Hi there boys & girls, my name's Jummy Carl Black and i am the indian of the band" CLASSIC!
Help i'm the mayor: peace out DesertRat:study:

Wore out the Overnight Sensation LP as a teenager. Lots of fun stuff on that one. Dynamo hum, dynamo hum, where`s that dynamo coming from? :D

Personally I like Funky Little Jewish Princess.LOL.Thanks for sharing,it,s been awhile since I,ve heard the name Zappa.

Frank Zappa is such a genius , and a true musician and artist , in the truest sense of the terms .

" We Are Not Alone " and " The Torture Never Stops " are my top two fave songs .

Some may find it *strange* that I'm a fan of both Zappa as well as the Velvet Underground .
I say this , as there was a bone-of-contention between V.U. and Zappa , starting in May 1966 . Both groups played at The Trip ; Zappa had his west coast following , and Andy Warhol , et al. , had a definite east coast sensibility .
Needless to say , the shows were a blow-out . Zappa was heckling the Avant Garde Velvets ( he *followed* them to the Fillmore West and heckled them there as well ) , and Lou Reed , et al. , despised Zappa for this ; total contempt for each other .

As time progressed , both bands were signed to Verve , which was MGM's Jazz Subsidiary label ( no one knew how to 'classify' Zappa's off-beat , untraditional psychedelic-jazz-classical sound , nor how to categorise the V.U.'s avant garde , macabre , drug-filled , meth-charged songs ) .
Mothers of Invention " Freak Out " was released prior to " The Velvet Underground & Nico " , due to problems with the album cover design ( by Warhol , featuring a peeling banana ; only 500 copies were ever issued !! ) and other production problems .
This pissed off Reed , et al. , and the record wasn't released until March 1967 ( was supposed to be released in July 1966 ).

After many years , Reed and Zappa finally admitted their *secret* admiration for each others works , and subsequently squashed their rivalry .

In short : I absolutely LOVE both of them !

There was another thread about Frank Zappa (one of my heroes) but now I can't find it. Anyway, tonight I had a customer whose last name was Zappa, asked her if anyone ever asks her about a connection to Frank, she said 'yes, I'm married to his son.' She was dining with her mother and a sleeping baby, Frank's grandchild. I didn't think to ask her which son she was married to. Small world I guess. She was a nice young lady. Any fans here....post up some more videos?

There was another thread about Frank Zappa (one of my heroes) but now I can't find it. Anyway, tonight I had a customer whose last name was Zappa, asked her if anyone ever asks her about a connection to Frank, she said 'yes, I'm married to his son.' She was dining with her mother and a sleeping baby, Frank's grandchild. I didn't think to ask her which son she was married to. Small world I guess. She was a nice young lady. Any fans here....post up some more videos?
I think he only had one son,his name is dweezil.Not a bad guitarist,i got an album of his.:toothy5:

I can't tell you how many times I went by the "root beer stand", and even "re-primered my right front fender", but "you didn't try to call me".

...and I always wanted a dental floss ranch, too!

I haven't listened to a lot of his stuff but I LOVE Joe's Garage! Made me wonder what a Telefunken U47 really looked like!

And, who can for get this classic poster?

Attachments

• original-phi-zappa-krappa-1969-poster-excellent-cond_220728617565.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 73

Wow. For the guitar weilding Mopar guys around here that are interested in gear, here's a short clip of Dweezil on some of Frank's old gear, including the Hendrix Strat that was burned at Monterey.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRXnPcIK1V8"]YouTube - In the Studio with... Dweezil Zappa[/ame]

Dweezil accompanied Alice Cooper last night on the Tonight Show. He was playing that guitar. They did a version of School's Out, complete with a chorus of school-aged kids wearing Alice Cooper makeup. I enjoyed it a lot as I was an Alice Cooper fan during his heyday.

It wasn't very large
There was just enough room to cram the drums
In the corner over by the Dodge
It was a fifty-four
With a mashed up door
And à cheesy little amp
With a sign on the front said
"Fender Champ"
And a second-hand guitar
It was a Stratocaster with a whammy bar

:-D

My brother, 6 years older, used to get in trouble for letting me listen to his Zappa records with him. Apparently "proper young ladies" can't be raised with a background of Titties and Beer, Nanook Rubs It, Stink Foot (still LMAO @ that poor poodle), Fine Girl, or My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama.

Hmmmm, do proper young ladies like leather??? That part definitely stuck with me. :-D

-
Back