newbie from Florida

-

Elmer-FN-Fudd

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hello everyone, been coming to this site for years but never joined till recently, found a part I was looking for at a reasonable price. just recently purchased a 71 twister in tor red and will be coming to this site more frequently. This is my first project car in 40 years and I am looking forward to all the insight the members have on here.

Welcome from Oregon...
Lots of family in Florida..
Travel there a couple times a year..

B3AACB59-1308-4FDF-B3E7-4317A5A7D600.jpeg

hello everyone, been coming to this site for years but never joined till recently, found a part I was looking for at a reasonable price. just recently purchased a 71 twister in tor red and will be coming to this site more frequently. This is my first project car in 40 years and I am looking forward to all the insight the members have on here.
just figured out how to add picture :)
that is how my son found the car, and the rest is history

sorry for the misunderstanding, I was referring to my avatar, but I'll add it here also
71 Duster.jpg

Welcome, from Oregon! My wife and I are both from Tampa/St. Pete. Went to school at USF and UT.

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:
Nice looking 71 twister.

Wow what a difference. Ya'll like it out there?

We've lived all over this beautiful country. Florida. Massachusetts. Colorado. Texas. Minnesota, Catalina Island, and now Oregon. My wife and I have gypsy souls. I can tell you that each State has its ups and downs. Oregon (and the PacNW) has the best weather and landscape of any place we've lived. I woke up this morning at 5am and saw/heard an eagle flying overhead. It's beautiful. The people here are kind of loony for the most part, but no worse than some bordertowns in Texas.

We miss parts of Florida. I miss the white sand beaches and the smell of sun tan lotion on pretty girls in the Summer. I miss the car scene for sure. But I don't miss the bad drivers and the crushing humidity.

I guess what I'm saying is, home is where you make it.

Oh, so true.

Makes 95* "feel like" about 125*
I live there for 4 years after high school and was just there 2 weeks ago for a week visiting relatives and it's definitely two showers a day, mandatory...

We have just started the "rains every day" season.

...and in the past 2 weeks the humidity has gone from "moderately uncomfortable" to "borderline oppressive".

July should bring the aforementioned "crushing".

Who else gets 100% humidity without rain?

We have just started the "rains every day" season.

...and in the past 2 weeks the humidity has gone from "moderately uncomfortable" to "borderline oppressive".

July should bring the aforementioned "crushing".

Who else gets 100% humidity without rain?
I'm finishing up an exterior paint job, and a metal roof in Plant City.... the rain is here

30-40% chance of rain every day for the entire forecast.

For those in other states (except maybe parts of WA) in Florida, that means there's a 100% chance it's gonna rain somewhere, and 30-40% chance it's gonna rain on you.

We've lived all over this beautiful country. Florida. Massachusetts. Colorado. Texas. Minnesota, Catalina Island, and now Oregon. My wife and I have gypsy souls. I can tell you that each State has its ups and downs. Oregon (and the PacNW) has the best weather and landscape of any place we've lived. I woke up this morning at 5am and saw/heard an eagle flying overhead. It's beautiful. The people here are kind of loony for the most part, but no worse than some bordertowns in Texas.

We miss parts of Florida. I miss the white sand beaches and the smell of sun tan lotion on pretty girls in the Summer. I miss the car scene for sure. But I don't miss the bad drivers and the crushing humidity.

I guess what I'm saying is, home is where you make it.
Same here. Been all over in the Navy years ago. Did some time in N Cali too. Nice.
Had an uncle born and raised in Florida, OLD no a/c Florida, went to Seattle after WW2, never came back.

Welcome to the area…a surprisingly strong MOPAR presence in the around here.

IMG_0014.jpeg

-
Back