Newbie from Kenosha Wisconsin

-

JohnTheMailman

Goin' Postal!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a 28 year old Mail man from Kenosha Wisconsin. I served 6 years in the Air Force as an AMMO troop were I built Bombs and took care of AIM-120 missles. I have a 1973 Dart Sport. I've owned it since 2000. Istarted with a '72 Duster that was someone elses failed project car I bought in Clovis New Mexico while I was stationed there. The artards hacked the suspension up and welded the stering box to the sub frame. So I bought the Dart body from my good friend Kelly Prine ( who is a member of FABO and responsible for my obsession with Mopars) Stupidly I scraped the perfectly fine Dart Sport front end in favor of the Duster front end. I was 18 and dumb. If I was older and wiser I never would have done it. She's affectionately dubbed the "DartSter" Right away I transplanted a 383 in her. 6 months into ownwership we were moved to Spangdahlem Germany. The DS was trailered, 1/2 complete to Wisconsin where it sat until I separated from the military. It wasn't until I could buy a house and build a garage that I have been able to work on her. I've been working on and off for the last year on her. Last week was her maiden voyage, I drove 3 times around the block! I still have a lot of work to do but, it's getting there...... :thebirdm:

hey welcome aboard! so now that you are older and wiser are you going to put it back as a dart? lol....prine is a good guy as well. glad to have you here and thanks for your service to the country! pictures are also welcome here as well; hint..hint:-D

Welcome "JohntheMailman" - I am just a tad north of you in Manitowoc. You will really find this site invaluable.... :) if nothing else, just to read others trials and tribulations and to learn from that.
I have a 72 Gold Duster that soon (I hope) will have a transplanted re-buildt 340 from a 70 Demon. Oh... and it seems that everything costs lots of money.
I love Mopars - had a 69 RR and a couple of other Dusters. But, in my youth -sold them all. Bummer!!!
Welcome.......

I'd love to bring her back fully to a Dart Sport but I'm workin on a seriously limited budget. ya know, kids, wife, mortgage, car payment, probably same boat as 80% of us car guys:-D. maybe some day........

dartster.jpg

engine.jpg

Image002.jpg

thanks everyone!.........

oh and the Miller is my motivation after those ten hour days walking up and down stairs in the hood over and over and over!:toothy10:

Welcome aboard. You are in the same boat as 80% of us, thats why this forum is so great, we can all relate to eachother. Good luck with your build.

Welcome! I live NW of you....outside of Waukesha! Good luck with your car BB A-bodies rock. I have a 69 B'cuda,stroker low deck!!:thumbup:

welcome. ever hear of a band called "green scene" from maybe 6 years or so back? i played with them (drums) for a few months and stayed at the bassists place in kenosha. nice people out that way.

isnt steve miller from that area somewhere?

sorry, can't help you dude, I lived in germany back then. I've been disappointed with the music scene around here lately. Ever hear of Joel Pingitore? He plays at summerfest on the harley stage every year. He's my neighbor.

Welcome! My son is stationed in Bamberg Germany. and on his way to afgan. Thanks for serving andd you will find this site very helpful.

Welcome aboard, there is a nice group of Mopar guys in Kenosha, matter of fact about 75% of us are traveling to the Nats together this year, durning the year we get together all the time, There's Manny and his orange Dart, Bob68 Coronet, John 68 GTX, Dave 73 Charger, Ralph 69 Charger,Lou 65 Barracuda,Wally 69 Coronet, Mike 70 SuperBee, Chris 71 SuperBee , Tyler 69 Roadrunner, Mark 71 Demon and a host of others...hope to see you around!

Welcome to the sight. I do not post much but lurk alot.Andys Drive In at the
corner of Roselvelt and 30th av. has a get together every Wednesday night.
Starts around 5 or so and goes till around 8. It;s the home of The Midwest Street Machine Assoc of Kenosha. A great bunch of old guys with a good mix of 50's 60's and a few 70's cars.They also have a web sight with the above name.com.We put on the downtown show every year (Labor day weekend on Saturday) and a show at the Brat Stop in early June.
Feel free to come by any Wednesday evening and say hi. We are very strong in the Mopar area and the most active group in the club.The Mopar guys are the kids in the group mostly 30's to 40 years old Not including me, over 60 here but a young over 60....
Hope to see you soon
Bruce
PS: The screen name refers to the color of our Dart stuck on us by "friends"

Goldwyn,
You did not mention Andys on wednesday nights 30th and Roselvelt.You also forgot us in Barney's Car but that's alright.......

Hi fellow Kenosha guys! I try to head over to Andy's when ever I can. I actually live 1 1/2 blocks north on 29th ave. I kind of got a bad vibe from alot of the guys there though. I've tried to talk about Mopars and get advice for mine and I was kind of made to feel like I was bothering them and got blown off. actually my wife won't go there because of that. oh well, maybe it'll be different when I have a car there. I'm hoping to have it atleast reliable by spring. I'm sure you'll see me. I had an olive green german military vw beetle there once.

Not to hijack but.......anyone going to Great Lakes for Mopar day on Sunday? It's usually a good show!

Welcome to FABO John.You took the right turn when you came here .You won't be dissapointed.:toothy10:

-
Back