Newbie with my first Cuda at 62 yrs old

-
If you click on the main page...I use a phone and click on the FABO emblem to get to the list of forums
From there select the closest one to your question. Such as "electrical " or "fuel". Best to only have one thread going on a particular problem though.

Jump on in and, like already mentioned, lots of extremely helpful and experienced members here.

Maybe cable, or gear or speedo. Jack up the car , disconnect the speedo cable at the speedo and see if it turns with the car in gear. Take the necessary precautions.
Used a drill on the trans end & it worked in the car, which is why I'm I'm guessing gear. Thanks for the advise!!

If you click on the main page...I use a phone and click on the FABO emblem to get to the list of forums
From there select the closest one to your question. Such as "electrical " or "fuel". Best to only have one thread going on a particular problem though.

Jump on in and, like already mentioned, lotsvof extremely helpful and experienced members here.
That's Awesome. Thanks

What sending unit did you use? Most replacement units have a significant fudge factor. You can either get the original one rebuilt or there is a unit that corrects for what your unit reads. For me I just paid attention to how much gas I put in the tank and knew where the needle read. I just serviced my sending unit and 10 gallons gave me just a bit over 1/4 tank on my 16 gal tank.

What sending unit did you use? Most replacement units have a significant fudge factor. You can either get the original one rebuilt or there is a unit the corrects for what your unit reads. For me I just paid attention to how much gas I put in the tank and knew where the needle read. I just serviced my sending unit and 10 gallons gave me just a bit over 1/4 tank on my 16 gal tank.
I used the " Spectra" sender. Was told they're on the upper end quality wise & made in Canada!!

Thats what I have and its not accurate. Whats most important to me is not running out of gas so when it gets to about 1/4 I know theres about 10 gal left. If your unit is not rebuildable you might want to look into a MeterMatch Fuel Gauge Interface Module

Thats what I have and its not accurate. Whats most important to me is not running out of gas so when it gets to about 1/4 I know theres about 10 gal left. If your unit is not rebuildable you might want to look into a MeterMatch Fuel Gauge Interface Module
Thanks!! I'm gonna fill it up tomorrow, a little at a time & see what readings I get, because the 408 is a Thirsty Girl

-
Back