Newby here from West Michigan

-

moparracer95

Reaction score
Hello All.. I am new to the site and wanted to drop a hello.. Can never have too many mopar friends right?!! Picked up a 74 Dart sport and am hoping to have it up and running by the end of the summer.. (I apologize for not having pics, but the only ones I have at the moment are on an old cell phone that doesnt have service) But the car is fairly solid.. Save for a little cancer on the quarters.. car was a /6 with a 3 on the tree.. 6 and tranny were gone when I picked the car up.. Plan on a mild 318/904 combo. Have motor and tranny, just need to get the mounts and an intake and I am ready to start installing!!!!! Also picked up a 8 1/4 with a sure-grip 3.91.. But the economy here has put a slowing on the build, but it will still be built!!! I grew up with brothers and dad having cornets, chargers, and a roadrunner.. So I am not new to mopars, just new to owning my own. But nice to be a part of a group like this.. Have heard good things about this forum and had to join!

Welcome! I do not post often, but I'm here evey day. Where in W. Mi. are you? I'm in Decatur. about 35 MI. S.W. of Kalamazoo. Again welcom to the site, you'll enjoy it!.....Steve

welcome to fabo best site iv seen can lern alot see some beautiful cars.and try to help others or at least tell whow you do it( mopar to ya)

I live just outside of Grand Rapids..I am so close to getting the car put back together... just itching to get it on the road!!!! Just little things here and there.. Swap mounts, pushrods, and am intake.. Had a 273 Hipo set of heads and 4bl intake, but decided to run the heads off of my 1990 truck instead.. They were fairly fresh when the bellhousing blew and I parted it out. assuming that the 90 used different length being a roller lifter, but that is a later project... need the motor in the car first!!!! Thanks for the "welcomes" and I will try to post when ever I can.. I tend to be a watcher!! Thanks, Matt

Welcome to the site from the Northern part of the state. Cannot wait to see pics of the car...FABO is the best!

Welcome To FABO!

Most Of The People On Here Are Very Nice And Willing To Help Others In Anyway They Can...

KP

Welcome to FABO!

I live on the east side of the state, Oxford north of Detroit. I was just in your area over the weekend. We ran the "Pinks" event in Martin. What a GREAT track you have there!!!!

Here are a few pics of the car the day I picked it up... Hoping by the end of the summer it will be better!!! Just thought I would keep you all updated!! And I was warned that I better get some pics!!! Later!

downsized_0714091956.JPG

downsized_0714091957.JPG

downsized_0714091958.JPG

downsized_0714091958a.JPG

I know... I would love a BB in it.. Unfortunately, I already have too much small block stuff and need a place to put it!.. So in goes one of the small blocks and a prepped 904.. Hoping with the 8 1/4 stuffed with 3.91 Sure Grip, it will be a fun drive!!!!!!!!The A883 will still reside in the garage waiting....

Yeah, I cant complain.. The guy I got it from was looking into just scrapping the car and I was told about it after another guy had the option, but wanted to hold out for a demon... So I looked at it and called the owner and asked what he wanted for the car and said all he wanted was what he had into it.. I made out.. Less than 200. And it had a newer tank and headers already in the trunk when I got it home and opened the trunk.. Lock cylinder was broke so I had to take out the back seat and unbolt the lock plate.. interior is on the rough side, but I can deal with that.. But thanks for the welcomes and I look forward to posting more pics as I progress over the next few months and get it road worthy.. Keep the Mopars alive!

Nice looking Duster! Does it still have the manual pedal set up in it? I can trade you a standard auto pedal set up if you're interested...

Well, actually its a dart sport, but I wont hold it against you!!! haha.. Yeah it does have the manual pedal assembly... I am switching to an auto too... So I dont see a prob with trading.. I have an extra a883 I need to get rid of too.. If you know anybody.. It doesnt have a bellhousing though.. Well, it does, but it has a huge hole in it. The tranny is out of a 1990 dodge d150. and it is a 4 speed.. Have to run the numbers... I have only seen 5 speeds in all the others I have seen.. But shifts and functions great... just tired of stepping over it in the garage!!! Going to put an add in classifieds along with some other parts that are in the way.. Thanks Let me know about the pedals...

-
Back