NHL 23-24

-
1718284792048.png

Oilers are not paying the price like the Panthers are willing to. If any coach in the NHL knows how to shut down McDavid and Draisaitil it's Paul Maurice. He was the Jets head coach when they swept the Oilers in the '20 playoffs. The Jets completely dominated that series, and shut down the dynamic duo, only to be swept themselves by Montreal in the next round.
I expect the Oilers to come out stronger on Saturday night and probably win that one, but the Panthers will be hoisting the cup.

Difference is discipline to the team concept, defence and the biggest is goaltending. Gutwrenching as a teammate to see Skinner puke the puck up and Tarasenko given a gift.

That second FLA goal was ugly. Skinner has been ok since the Vancouver series and he wasn’t the reason for the Game 1 & 2 losses. The two time Vezina winner at the other end of the ice is playing like one by shutting down the big guns.

I fell asleep after the start of P3 but P2 was brutal.

I'm surprised Skinner didn't get pulled for P3

As expected, the Oilers blow out the Cats tonight, Bob gets the hook after giving up 5 on 17 shots. Watched about 2/3 of the game at my mom's house while we were there to celebrate Father's day with my step dad. No surprise at all that the Panthers want to raise the cup in front of their own fans. I just want my ticket drawn for the 50/50, last time I checked the pot was over $15 million. Hello retirement and really sweet car collection!

Not sure how I managed to fall asleep in P2 with the Oilers scoring every 5 minutes, but I did.

IIRC was 4-1 last I saw. Maybe my subconscious said it was over already.

8 is serious. But where was that the last three games?

Hope they didn't blow their nut all in game 4. Fla and Edm didn't look themselves that's for sure. I'm hoping for as many games as possible.

Looked kind of like the Celtics game the other night they weren't even trying to win..taking it back home to win in front of the home crowd!!!

Nice! You had tickets?
Was dropping engine in cuda, so only listened to 1st period, but sounded like Oilers took the play to Cats. Another shortie for Brownie! Another exLeaf :BangHead: :lol: Go Oilers!
Yeah it was quite something being in Edmonton last weekend!! The number of peeps who were wearing jerseys around West Edmonton Mall on Saturday morning/afternoon was unreal.

That was a great game.

Looks like we got us a series.

Didn't watch the game last night, but the Oilers have finally found a way to make the Panthers pay. If they are able to take the series that will be an amazing comeback. Two excellent teams playing for the cup, that's how it's supposed to be.

-
Back