NHL 23-24

-
How often is a goal taken off the scoreboard for a video review of an offsides call?

Not very often Todd, but boy that was close. Ballsy challenge, but Oilers PK is outta this world. 45 out of 46 now. So even if it was a goal and the Oilers went on the PK, they've the confidence to kill it.
The 50/50 is now over $6 million lol
How often is a goal taken off the scoreboard for a video review of an offsides call?

I'm guessing you don't watch much hockey as it happens quite a few times.
The announcers said it was the second time in the playoffs.
Before the playoffs, there's very little hockey to watch without buying a TV package. So I probably see as much AHL live as NHL on TV.

The announcers said it was the second time in the playoffs.
Before the playoffs, there's very little hockey to watch without buying a TV package. So I probably see as much AHL live as NHL on TV.
Looks like one goal wouldn't have helped. Other than possibly the timing of the goal. All said the 7th game is the hardest one to win. At least it's a series and not a blowout. Entertaining for sure. Good luck to all and may the best team win.

From the start I said I wanted a 7 game series. After being down 3 squat, I never thought it was possible.
One of the best series I've ever seen.

Cheers from Alberta folks. I don’t watch hockey but this is an unavoidable topic here!

9-1 Edmonton game 7.

image.jpg

Well, I am about to eat yet another serving of crow. I had the Cats taking it in 5 games, now I am going to back the Oilers in a tough game 7. I am truly impressed with the way they have played and adjusted their own game to very effectively counter Florida's offense. Halfway through the second period Florida had only 5 shots on goal, that's how you win a championship!
Never been a fan of Matthew Tkachuk or his brother, but I did like watching Keith play.

Let's go Oilers!
Bring the cup back to Alberta!

I gotta vent about that off sides challenge.

Completely changed the tone of the game.

...and I thought there was supposed to be "clear visual evidence" to reverse that call on the ice.
I saw nothing that clearly indicated offsides.

OK, rant over.

At least that rant.

Now venting about FL coaching-
They better make some adjustments.
Seems like their attitude is "continue the process and simply execute better".
How's that working after three games?
Clearly Edmonton has found a way to get through Florida's zone clogging coverage.
They need to change their game and should have done it two games ago.
They also need to go back to more complex scoring attempts like what worked against Swayman.

OK, that rant over.

The TV coverage doesn't have all the angles/cameras that NHL head office does. Yeah it was blurry, but even I could see the puck wasn't fully across the line before the Cat player entered the ozone
As i mentioned 1st 3 games are the exact reversal of last 3. Weird, just like flipping a switch. Maurice almost losing his gum(and mind) didn't help his team that's for sure.
Oh and I still think Bob's outplayed Skinner. Cats don't have near the chances and Oilers are capitalizing on theirs.

...and I thought there was supposed to be "clear visual evidence" to reverse that call on the ice.

OK, rant over.

At least that rant.

Clearly Edmonton has found a way to get through Florida's zone clogging coverage.
They also need to go back to more complex scoring attempts like what worked against Swayman.

OK, that rant over.
You think you got it bad, try being a Leaf fan. Seems like nothing goes our way. Lol.

OK, rant over.

At least that rant.

OK, that rant over.
I only watched the recap, not the full game but the views shown of the offside challenge were not the best, though I do think they got it right. Edmonton's penalty kill is so strong they really had nothing to lose by challenging the play. Yes, it could have been a momentum changer for Florida if that goal counted, blame technology cause there was no such thing as a coaches challenge until 20 years ago or less.
Florida does need to make adjustments to their game plan to counter what the Oilers are doing, they haven't and it's going to cost them the cup.

-
Back