Nicks Garage, 572 HEMI, Here we go....

-
There are talented people out there .
But all this crap makes the real talented guys look like no body special,,,,,,and then the real paying customers don’t know who to trust .
Hurts the real good guys business ,,,potentially .

Sometimes it seems like the internet just wants to put out crap,,,,,fake drama I guess .
I guess that’s how you make money on YouTube ?

Tommy
Bullseye!!!! J.Rob

Working on stock junk is sound business, it's simple, the junk already fits without having to massage the Hell out of it; trying to make aftermarket junk work as they claim it does, and as the customer expects will have you tearing your hair out. But because it's simple, you have to add drama, so that you can justify charging enough to keep the doors open and eat more than top ramen or government cheese quesadillas. S/F....Ken M

All this talk about the 572 hemi, and guess what showed up at my shop this morning? A freakin 528 cube version.

20240816_152757.jpg

20240816_152826.jpg

Just took a peak at the next largest Hemi Nick has ever tested.
528 made 610HP/660TQ which is 1.15 HP/CI and 1.25 TQ/CI.
572 made 734HP/724TQ (on my dyno) which is 1.28 HP/CI and 1.26 TQ/CI.
Applying the same factors as the 572 would have the 528 @ 675 HP and 665 TQ. Come to think of it I wish he could put up the graph of the two engines, I'd like to see the shapes. J.Rob

Looks like we will, Nick has it torn down on his Instagram channel while on the dyno--looks like they want to swap cams or something. J.Rob
I hope i never feel that 700HP on pump gas isn't enough... wtf...

BTW.. betting he wants to put in a flat tappet cause that's what the factory called for

BTW.. betting he wants to put in a flat tappet cause that's what the factory called for
I'm sure it was a "Hey we gotta pull the heads because for some reason the head gaskets that were'nt leaking the first time we "ran" it with the distributor 180 out, are now leaking so while we are there lets do a cam swap!" In other words a snowball effect. J.Rob

Nick going for more power, looking for 800 hp.
Should be interesting, hopefully he finds power easier then he does with torque :)

Last edited:
Welll,,,,the video was mostly about his stuff !

The owner is going to have another 10 grand in this thing before he’s done !
Will it make any more power,,,,,what,,,,25 hp maybe?
On the one head he showed,,,,the valves were sealing good and the gasket was sealing as well .
I’m sure the new cam will add a little bit.

Tommy

Tommy
Guess he thinks Edelbrocks are gonna be worth 80 hp, he knows zero about the heads on it, I'd first find out what these heads flow and or at least find out something about them.

Word salad. That’s all that video was. There was no good information in it at all.

Maybe don't clown show the engine in the first video. We haven't ever run that much fuel through an engine before... DERP

Those four dead cylinders sure make a difference when the carbs are puking fuel everywhere like the exxon valdez and a distributor 180 out. Old builders fault. GTFOOH with that ****.

Not watching #3...

Maybe don't clown show the engine in the first video. We haven't ever run that much fuel through an engine before... DERP

Those four dead cylinders sure make a difference when the carbs are puking fuel everywhere like the exxon valdez and a distributor 180 out. Old builders fault. GTFOOH with that ****.

Not watching #3...
I watched a few minutes of it. You did not miss anything.

On the one head he showed,,,,the valves were sealing good and the gasket was sealing as well .
I’m sure the new cam will add a little bit.

Tommy
He said he wasn't changing the cam. J.Rob

I will create a post tomorrow outlining more about the previous owners intent and the previous builders intent---yes I am the 2nd builder and this will make Nick the 3rd to turn wrenches on it. Should clear a few things up. In the meantime if you don't know what the Dunning-Kruger effect is...please look it up it's in full force here. J.Rob

I can't believe he so quick to replace the heads without seeming to know anything about them.
If the exhaust port has been moved seems like someone spent a lot of time money and energy into them, might be worth investigating a little.

-
Back