Nitto or Kumho tires?

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
Has anybody tried Kumho or Nitto tires? I`ve seen some impressive numbers on these tires, do they really live up to it?

I've never owned a pair (Kumho), but I've driven a ^^a'stang SVT with a set of them on it, and I drove that car regularly. These were low profile and they were sticky, that car felt like it was on rails. Even off a dead stop with no tire warm up they gripped really good.

I have Kumho tires on my Valiant. Love them. Wet traction is phenomenal and dry is just as good. Got a good price through The Tire Rack to boot.

dont like either myself. Just my two cents worth. Havent had good luck with either brand

Has anybody tried Kumho or Nitto tires? I`ve seen some impressive numbers on these tires, do they really live up to it?

What kind of numbers are you talking? Mileage? Grip?

I have had a set of Nittos NT420S on my Dodge Ram since 03 and I still have more miles to go. I rotate every 5000 miles and regularly check the air pressure. That's really how you get lots of wear out of tires MOST of the time anyways. But you knew that already... lol

When I finally get a new set for my truck I will try to buy Nitto again. The shop that I used to get my tires from closed down because of the economy not long ago so I will have to start looking else where for the Nittos.

I had kumho tires 245/50ZR16 and they were excellent in snow and all around. A bit of a hard ride though. My only experience with nitto are their drag radials, same size. And they hooked extremely well with 4k RPM launch.

I have run Kumho's on my daily drivers for several years. Just bought my 7th set last week. So yea, I like them alot! I've had them on SUV's, luxury cars, sports cars and muscle cars and never had a problem. :salut:

What kind of numbers are you talking? Mileage? Grip?

When you go to tire websites, like TIRERACK for example, they have tire ratings for each model of each brand with ratings from 1-10. Dry traction, wet traction, cornering, steering response, noise, you get the picture. Both Kumho and Nitto rate very well. For the most part they rate better than many of the other brands and are priced competitively.

When you go to tire websites, like TIRERACK for example, they have tire ratings for each model of each brand with ratings from 1-10. Dry traction, wet traction, cornering, steering response, noise, you get the picture. Both Kumho and Nitto rate very well. For the most part they rate better than many of the other brands and are priced competitively.

Ok I gotcha. They are both good tires so I believe it's just manner of personal preference.

These are the ones I have on my truck. Non directional tire gives you more rotating options as well.

http://www.nittotire.com/#index.tire.nt420s

FWIW, Kuhmo and Nitto are offshore products. Not much different than putting a Honda in your driveway, but $ for $, they are a far better product than BFG or Goodyear.

I bought Nitto 555's for my dart. 245/45/17 front, and 315/35/17 for the rear...the car isn't together yet, and the tires are brand new...lol, but from what ive read before i bought the tires, they are very good and handle well. so basically its personal preference. they're both a good tire.. I like how the tread looks on the nitto 555's better...but, it makes no difference..

Well I called the only guy in my area that will change 22" wheels and tires (closest one and well known). I got a price on a set of Nittos mounted and out the door for $739.

He said that there is a guy in town that has gotten 100k miles out of set of Nittos on his truck. omg!

I've got some Yokohoma 225 60r15's on my 67 BCuda & LOVE EM.
Sucks that they're not All-USA, but they do perform great & are smooth
as all-heyll.

Well I called the only guy in my area that will change 22" wheels and tires (closest one and well known). I got a price on a set of Nittos mounted and out the door for $739.

He said that there is a guy in town that has gotten 100k miles out of set of Nittos on his truck. omg!

That sounds pretty good but to get 100K from a set of tires probably means they don`t hook worth beans. It`s hard to find traction and longevity in one tire.

I've got some Yokohoma 225 60r15's on my 67 BCuda & LOVE EM.
Sucks that they're not All-USA, but they do perform great & are smooth
as all-heyll.

Yeah I wish the U.S. would get more competive there.

-
Back