No pics but need help with a part...

-

swisswill

Reaction score
I have a crooked drivers window and I was told there is a plastic piece that goes through the hole in the front of the glass to keep the glass in the channel as I roll the window up and down. Right now I'm holding the glass straight/level with my off hand. Any idea what the plastic piece is and where to get one?

This is a 69 Dart by the way.

You can try Tom @ RT Specialties. Sometimes, he's a little hard to get ahold of but a great guy. He has complete kits but I am sure he will sell individual pieces as well. Good luck.

may not need replacing, did you check to make sure it hasn't just come off?
is it still in the track?
is the bottom of track still anchored, may have rusted?
otherwise, for window parts just find a donor car

swiss, it might be a good idea to pull your panel and take a firsthand look at what is going on in there. If it's something you can readjust ... great. If it's a worn/broken piece (especially those known for wearing), I would just replace it with a new repop piece (if available).

Thanks GTX, I'll double check everything inside the door. I checked out RT Specialties website and think I found the part if it is in fact gone.

Forward glass guide kits are available at YearOne (among others). Kit contains a plastic channel that wraps around glass edge which has felt bonded to it, and the 2 guides that keep the forward edge of the glass in the track. If you delay replacing these parts the stainless edge on the door glass will scar the stainless on the quarter glass.
After you get the repair parts I can talk you through the chore.

Thanks Redfish, I'll definitely be connecting with you on that. I saw the guide at RT Specialties but I like the idea of getting the entire kit. Thanks again.

-
Back