No place for this so here it goes, looking for value of 73 duster

-

1969daytona

Reaction score
have a friend who has an all original numbers matching 73 340 4 speed bench seat factory air car, steel blue that had stripes, gone now. Car is two owner, he bought it with 8000 miles on it.
Everything is there but not all working but very straight. Needs paint A/C repaired and a few gauges fixed but runs strong, 14" rally wheels and and extra set of 15s.
Any idea what it could be worth as it sits now. Will try to get some pics latter.

Well you have my vote for special space for people who join the Forum looking for a classic car estimate with no pictures.

2500 is my guess , couple hundred more or less. tell me where to send the cash for the full 2500

pictures are everything. what's nice , straight or rust free to you might be something entirely different to others
but I'll will see the 2500 and raise it 300

Well, it sounds like the owner is considering selling his Duster? Regardless if you are buying it or helping him find a buyer, the owner must have suggested a price (starting price) for what he would like to get for it. Now to be clear, it could be an outlandish price but it’s a starting point. So, what price did he say? Toss us a bone. We could say $2,500 or $5,000 but it doesn’t really matter if the owner thinks it’s worth $20k!!

73 beaker?

I'll give you 45 cents per pound
:poke:
Hey! Easy on the Beaks!

0514152047.jpg

What are we at 2.8K?

If I wasn't 3000 miles away, I'd offer 3.5K sight unseen.

Odd bench 4 speed and...

odd 4 speed with A/C.

Cool color.

California body.

have a friend who has an all original numbers matching 73 340 4 speed bench seat factory air car, steel blue that had stripes, gone now. Car is two owner, he bought it with 8000 miles on it.
Everything is there but not all working but very straight. Needs paint A/C repaired and a few gauges fixed but runs strong, 14" rally wheels and and extra set of 15s.
Any idea what it could be worth as it sits now. Will try to get some pics latter.
As many pictures as you can to help determine the worth. Engine bay, under the car at the rear of the springs as well as body and interior.

we just went through this with a '70 and a figure never did appear...but yes lets have a look!

It's a total POS without anything to prove otherwise. Money doesn't come easy these days. Where are these people comin from? "How much is my car worth, oh I don't have pictures"

$10k and I'll send you a 3rd party post dated Guv cheque for $12k. The other $2k goes to the shipper and to pay for his lot lizards.

It’s a trick question...the answer is that it is worth “Only what someone will pay you for it”.

The trick part is that nobody will ever make an offer to buy a car based on a vague description.

I’m also surprised at some folks calling a ‘73 Duster a beaker. It isn’t. That would be a Dart Sport.

‘73 Duster

3D3081A8-791E-4052-9857-0AC8AF4C5165.jpeg

Your Correct.
I don't know why some people insist that any Duster is a Beak car. It isn't, Never was.
Jeez some peoples kids.

i think i was the one who called it a beaker
why, you ask?

why else?

stir.gif

OK, that said, I think it's a tad high esp at #3-#4 condition.

impossible to tell without some pics.. too much open to interpretation..

i say anywhere between $500 and $8000 with out pictures.

-
Back