non mopar. my Honda accord

-

bigtommy

old school power
Reaction score
this is not a mopar but its one of my other cars. i have a 95 4dr honda accord 5spd thats is about 3300 lbs with me in it. the motor is about 240 250hp rated. and was wondering what times you might think ill get at the .25 mile. thanks for any help i get.
for everyone that doesn't understand, the motor isn't stock. its a f20b blue top jdm motor. the type r accord motor with 200hp stock to the crank. have ported head, full header back exhaust, lightweight smaller crank pulley, a/c and p/s delete, skunk2 intake manifold(its one of the best you can get for hondas) and if you don't like hondas and ricers then sorry for saying this don't be a fag and down me. because i know alot of hondas that are doing 10sec passes on street tires so please dont be mean about it. thanks.

I'm pretty sure a '95 Accord is rated at 110, 140, or 165 HP, depending on the engine. I could be wrong, but off the top of my head, the base model was 110 and the "bigger" engine was 140 or 145.

Just looked it up....the most "powerful" Accord engine in '95 was 170 HP. So to answer your original question, 15.70-16.50 @ 83-85 MPH...

I'm pretty sure a '95 Accord is rated at 110, 140, or 165 HP, depending on the engine. I could be wrong, but off the top of my head, the base model was 110 and the "bigger" engine was 140 or 145.

yea the stock motor lol. i dont know if you know about hondas but i have a f20b motor which rated 200 stock and i have bolt ons. its the type r accord motor.

I HIGHLY doubt that you picked up 40-50 hp with the mods you listed. With a cam(s) swap then yes those numbers make sense. But for arguments sake,we will call it 240 hp. That is flywheel hp so calc. a 15% drivetrain loss,you now have 206 FWHP.In a 3300 lb car with a really good driver,on street tires launching at around 3-3600 rpm I will say that you could run a 14.6-14.9 depending on track conditions.

Now take in to consideration that you are prob. not an experienced driver,I am going to say anywhere from 15.2-15.8.Just keep practicing and you will get there!

I HIGHLY doubt that you picked up 40-50 hp with the mods you listed. With a cam(s) swap then yes those numbers make sense. But for arguments sake,we will call it 240 hp. That is flywheel hp so calc. a 15% drivetrain loss,you now have 206 FWHP.In a 3300 lb car with a really good driver,on street tires launching at around 3-3600 rpm I will say that you could run a 14.6-14.9 depending on track conditions.

Now take in to consideration that you are prob. not an experienced driver,I am going to say anywhere from 15.2-15.8.Just keep practicing and you will get there!

thank you for being nice about it. i said 240 just thinking lol. with the ported head, header and exhaust, those two pulleys deleted and intake manaifold, what you think hp gain id get. also 11 lb flywheel and stage two clutch?

The lighter flywheel will ad a few ponies, but is it a double clutch/twin disc set up? This could/would off set the weight savings of the light weight flywheel.

All things considered, the HP to weight is a little deciving since the car is front wheel drive, this is a potenial for better traction, overdrive trans, so the tranny's ratio's are probably better for off the line performance and F.I. for a great running engine.

These little bennifits ad up well vs. the older iron discussed on the site. A Duster of approx. equal weight and V8 HP should be able to run in the mid 13's with the right gear ratio.

By the raw numbers, if correct and your able to get the car to hook and run off the line, you should be right in a similar ball park on the 1/4 for speed and time run. The place the car loose's at is in torque production which will have you playing catch up and probably slower times.

Do so report back if and when you get the chance to run the track.

Id put slicks on the front and go for broke try for 13.9 1/4./oh yeah remove all excess weight ie spare tire car jack and those funk auto zone air fresheners hanging from the rear view.don't for get the floor mats and maybe even amp and sub.Now your doing the 1/4 in 13.89 OOOOOHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

3300 is heavy for a honda! you need to cut some pounds if you want to keep up with the other ones. and remember, there's no replacement for displacement. it is possible to fit a V6 or even a small V8 in them.... i think there is a small toyota or nissan V8 they use to really make them fly.

thank you for being nice about it. i said 240 just thinking lol. with the ported head, header and exhaust, those two pulleys deleted and intake manaifold, what you think hp gain id get. also 11 lb flywheel and stage two clutch?

No problem,unlike a lot of people on here I appreciate what a lot of cars can do,and I have helped friends/family with all kinds of makes ford,honda,amc,vw,caddys etc.... I also understand not being rich,and having to make due with what you already have.Dont let these guys get to you,most of them dont even have running cars,not to mention if they do run,they are most likely slower than your honda,and cant get anywhere near the mpg you do.

With all your mods it would be safe to say that you have about 230 flywheel hp,combine that with the lighter flywheel and you are prob putting about 200 to the wheels. On most cars if you upgrade the intake/exhaust and port the head you will usually see higher HP gains,but the stock f20 head already flows so well,that you are not seeing much gain with the stock cams. I bet an aggressive cam swap would net you an easy 20-25 hp gain.

How mig is your exhaust pipe? You may be loosing out on much needed low end torque. I would not go over 2 1/4".

header, intake, exhaust, and ported head- your probably looking at about 206hp. drop in a k24 with a k20 head and go from there. well built, ive seen them run 10.30's on all motor

I would say look out for a good running diesel pickem truck....chip/exhaust and air kit and they come to life....

Hey Bigtommy, My 2004 Vibe daily driver puts out a whopping 150 hp to the front wheels from a huge 1.8 liter variable timing Toyota 4 banger, w/lamo auto trans. Ran 17.8 when stock (100 whp) and a best of 15.9 after the installation of the supercharger, CAI, Piggyback ECU etc. She weighs in at 2940 lbs w/me in it, 1/4 tank of fuel and removal of spare, jack, toolbox etc. Slow by most standards, but pretty fun for an economy car. It still pulls down 29-30 MPG around town.Your Honda should run quite a bit quicker. Get her to the strip and let us know how she does.
:burnout:

Pat

-
Back