Nor'easter coming...are you ready?

-
they crack me up!!!! watching the "today" show while ago. the 4- 5 "stars" are outside, each with a different co. snow shovel, explaining exactly which ones are best and HOW to use it. also lesson on spreading salt on your sidewalk, driveway.

I HOPE all that was aimed at some dumb-*** Southerner (o k so i'm one) ( Southerner, that is, O K so i see snow!) that has never seen snow, BUT since the bad stuff will hit New Englander, I figure it was aimed at dumb-*** New Englanders!!!???? ha!! if I were them, I would have been embarrassed with such !

I understand any place that will get 1/2 inch of ice and /or 2 foot of snow will have its share of problems! but really.

Aimed at the city folk I guess! Or the millenniums they never used a shovel either unless it has a touch screen!

Aimed at the city folk I guess! Or the millenniums they never used a shovel either unless it has a touch screen!

Ha!! I forget about the millenniums!!!!! if they can lift a fork at the dinner table, they can maybe lift a snow shovel!????? Ha

daughter came to visit one winter with one of the grandkids, he was like 9. I heat with a wood stove. period.i'm lugging in wood , he sits in front of the t v or playing his hand help puter toy. after 5-6 arm fulls, I tell him I 've brought in wood for my half the family, what bout "his" half? looks at me with this totally vacant stare! his mother suggests maybe he bring in some wood. replies " when I get finished with this whatever he was doing">

I told him we were just being polite. he sits there while longer. I could not stand it. I had to uphold my rep with the grandkids, so I ask him " do you think you will be able to taste the chit on the bottom of my boots while I put them up your a-- so far you might taste it?" ha! reputation saved again!!!!

Although New York State is part of "New England" it does not seem like N.Y.City should really be part of it. After all, New Jersey isn't even part of New England. People in CT, NY, VT, NH, ME, RI, and MA (New England) know all too well how to shovel snow and put salt on the driveway! By the way, most of New England isn't supposed to get much snow out of this storm.

I grew up on Long Island and I loved it when it snowed. Dad had a snow blower and let me use it as long as I put gas in it and maintained it. Made a ton of money doing the neighborhood! The old people were free though. It all comes back in the end.

I wasn't trying to be mean toward New England!!! I just crack up watching the "stars" on there, especially when the lady stars are watching (helping) the chef guest explain how to boil water, cook noodles, or cook a simple whatever.... etc..

New England?? us guys in the rest of the country, we probably figure anything north of Virginia and East of Penn. is New England!!!! ha

This is gonna be a nasty one for mid-Atlantic. Got flakes comin down big as damn pancakes right now.
Stay safe everyone in this things path.

Oldschoolcuda

nat. weather man talks of the high winds you guys will get. I know it makes a lot of difference being n town or out in the open spaces with snow and wind! BUT....

few years ago I left work after bout 3 measily inches of snow, but winds had been blowing all day 40 mph. there is a big open pasture to my west and north of where I turn off the co. road. when I got to where I turn off to my dirt road that leads up to my place, road had drifted completely shut with a pile of snow 5 foot high! bout 400 yards long. neighbor drove up bout then and asked what will his wife do when she gets home?? . I suggested "WALK." ha (wind chill was probably minus 20 in that wind.)

Generator is gassed up, plenty of food.

Went to put fuel in the snow blower last night and it instantly leaked out, got to get off this computer and go fix it sometime.

They are only calling for about 18" give or take here so no big deal.

I'm in Delaware County just SW of Philly. I work in the Navy Yard Corporate Center by the Stadiums. I live about 5 miles from I-95 in Aston.

I just bought a new house on the other side of Aston closer to Glen Mills and plan to move in about 2 weeks before putting the current place up for sale. Now I have 2 houses to shovel out once this is over...yippee.

I used to get my Mustang dyno tuned at Evolution Performance near you.

Damn they said we'd be getting nothing last night now they're talking either 1"-3" or 3"-6"...

It just started snowing here and they upped the forecast to 18-28" for where I live.

I still own a house in Memphis that is rented by a friend and he sent me this at 7 am...

Attachments

• memphis snow.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 123
I used to get my Mustang dyno tuned at Evolution Performance near you.

Small World! I drive by there everyday on my to work in Philly. I get all my tire work done next door at Action Tire and the cam swap and t-converter on the GTS was done by Tillman Speed right across the street.

weird storm for sure.. weird winter for sure.. Jan 22 and still no appreciable snow accumulation here - yea, it's frozen out there, but I can still see grass in some places.. now Boston area may get up to a 1/2 ft., but here (upper CT valley) - nadda.. datz fugged up

all this global warming I guess. It has been snowing here since about 11 am and melting as fast as it hits ground

Nothing happening here in L.I. yet, not really supposed to hit us until overnight. Guess we'll be getting the brunt of the storm tomorrow.

I gotta say, I never remember people getting so riled up about a snow storm. When did it become such a big deal? People are mobbing the supermarket buying cases of water, waiting on line to buy gas like there won't be any for days on end. I don't get it. It's like they are preparing for Armageddon or something.

I swear, uproar over the weather is a recent phenomenon.

all I know, IF the weathergirl was talking 1/2 in ice and winds of 40 to 80 mph, we would find a "scarity hole" !!! last ice storm I didn't see power for 10 days, one guy at work didn't have power for a full month!!
the wind? I seen drifts across my road home 5 foot deep with 3 inches snow and 40 mph!! ( how much snow can blow off the neighbpr's 500 ac pasture??) ha!

Well, the storm is here and I hope i am not eating my words. The wind gusts are pretty serious. If a line went down, it would be difficult for crews to get to and fix it in the current conditions. Got some firewood inside, beer is chilling (or probably frozen at this point) on the back porch. Hope all the folks to the south of us made it through OK.

-
Back