Nor'easter coming...are you ready?

-
I grew up in Valley stream, used to work at long island carb in Huntington in the 80's. I am sure they are gone by now.

Only got around 5" last night. No big deal. After living in Alaska for 3 years, I thought I saw a lot of snow. That is until I lived in South Korea for a year! The first day in country there we got a 60" snow fall and they never even plowed the roads. Nothing shut down. No big deal.

It's pretty to look at until it starts turning brown.

Stay safe my friends!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 163
5.5" and counting in Pittsburgh where I'm at. One of our vehicles is a 4WD Jeep Commander, so getting stuck won't be an issue.

15" on my truck, closer to 24" on the ground, over my knees.

Attachments

• puppy small.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 178
They up the snow totals in my area and now could see up to 3 feet of snow.

Just saw the farmer plowing the road with the tractor and milk truck following behind. PennDOT gave up plowing snow out here so the farmers are picking up the slack.

Only got around 5" last night. No big deal. After living in Alaska for 3 years, I thought I saw a lot of snow. That is until I lived in South Korea for a year! The first day in country there we got a 60" snow fall and they never even plowed the roads. Nothing shut down. No big deal.

It's pretty to look at until it starts turning brown.

Stay safe my friends!

Bet the creek is cold!

Both of my houses are in the heavy snow bands. I'll have lots of work to do when this is all over.

I'm not looking forward to this. My Demon will be buried for weeks out in the yard.

Tried to get a picture of the shared driveway area at my house and my neighbors and the snow is just hammering away.

Attachments

• 20160123_115043_HDR.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 187
Just came in fighting at least 2 feet here so far. Tractor is barely doing it.

Dart's dry and warm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 162
that's just a light dusting heres what we call an inconvenience lol this was last year a few miles from where I live .

Attachments

• snow5.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 156
  • snow4.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 152
  • snow3.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 155
  • snow2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 160
  • snow1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 142
  • snow.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 137
Okay.
The wife and son are telling me I am doing good!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 136
Well it is comin' down. Seems to be about a foot an a half on the ground right now, hard to tell with the drifting though. The wind has died down a lot, just snowing really hard. A few of my neighbors were out shoveling, I just laughed. Guess shoveling one foot is easier than two.

Kids came out for a while, pushed the older one down the hill on our street on his snow saucer, he loves it. We'll head over to a golf course tomorrow with an incredible sledding hill.

Lit a fire, cracked a beer. Feel sorry for those without power.

Plowed the driveway (1/8th mile) plus a part of our common private road. Got stuck (1989 Jeep Cherokee with a 6 foot Meyer plow). Had a neighbor tug on me with his winch to get out. Man, the snow drifts and wind are bad! Though we only got about 10", the drifts are up to 3 feet at spots. I had to get a running start to knock some of it over with the plow.

We'll survive! I wish I had a nice wood stove like Jim!

I'm super glad that I don't have the snow that jimjimjimmy got last year!!!

About 2' here and still not done. Neighbor's house...

Attachments

• Blizzard 2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 117
-
Back