NOS with 4 speed

-

340Dart

Obsessive Dart Disorder
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anybody run nitrous with a 4 speed? Was wondering if you change the take off RPM. When I run normally I take off between 5500 to 6000 rpm's. I installed a Powershot so it will be 125 shot on take off. Would I lower the starting RPM's? I never ran nitrous before so this will be a learning experience.

Fred B

Does anybody run nitrous with a 4 speed? Was wondering if you change the take off RPM. When I run normally I take off between 5500 to 6000 rpm's. I installed a Powershot so it will be 125 shot on take off. Would I lower the starting RPM's? I never ran nitrous before so this will be a learning experience.

Fred B

As you can probably see it from the other thread on here that I've been taking this into consideration with my for Speed. I never really considered hitting it until 2nd gear and I was actually firmly planted and getting great traction which I haven't seem to find in first gear.
Do you have any pictures of your setup? As again this is something I'm interested in. And also eagerly awaiting the results of how things go?

No pictures but I can take some. My setup has the micro switch on the carb. So at wide open throttle it turns on. I'll be running slicks for sure.

Fred B

Did it for years, micro switch on carb. it took a little getting used to but after a while I could lift the gas just a tiny bit to shut off the nitrous between shifts. As far as launch RPM just do everything normal, if it normally hooks 1st gear will be over before you know it.

Did it for years, micro switch on carb. it took a little getting used to but after a while I could lift the gas just a tiny bit to shut off the nitrous between shifts. As far as launch RPM just do everything normal, if it normally hooks 1st gear will be over before you know it.

Thanks. Just want to make sure before I try it out.

Fred B

I ran it with a button in the pistol grip (E body) rather than the micro switch. Get a rev limiter if you don't have one. Things like engine mounts, driveshaft, u jts, etc can ruin your day before you can lift.

-
Back