Not a A-body,,,but an extremely rare mopar (* forest find !!!)

-
Hope they don't pull in half as you remove them.

Nice finds for sure!

Nice find for sure. But I'm not sure on the resto part looks like the cowl and a pillars are gone! Good luck ..

Sweet find! never heard of these so I pulled out my books.
Galen Govier book, looks like they made 11,555 of the Road Runners.
386 Road Runner GTX 440-4 were made and shipped to the USA. I don't have a number of CDN cars.

As for the 2014 price guide, 1974 Plymouth Road Runner 2dr CPE in #1 condition is $14,600.00. Add 25% for a GTX. she'll be worth $18,500.00 if you can get it there.

Not sure which code denotes CDN car, but I'm sure it is which would make it even rarer. hopefully you find the broadcast sheet!!!!

:burnout:

386 Road Runner GTX 440-4 were made and shipped to the USA. I don't have a number of CDN cars.

As for the 2014 price guide, 1974 Plymouth Road Runner 2dr CPE in #1 condition is $14,600.00. Add 25% for a GTX. she'll be worth $18,500.00 if you can get it there.

Not sure which code denotes CDN car, but I'm sure it is which would make it even rarer. hopefully you find the broadcast sheet!!!!

C on the fender tag means Canadian.

Very cool car. 440 in '74 is low numbers. I have a friend who just picked up a '74 400 4spd Charger. There were roughly 104 of those so yours is even more rare. And as mentioned....How many came to Canada?!

Not sure which code denotes CDN car, but I'm sure it is which would make it even rarer. hopefully you find the broadcast sheet!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interesting numbers , but with the research that ive found only 79 roadrunners were gtx according to the dodge & plymouth muscle car by Peter c.Sessler ( the red book ) in 1974 , and 119 were made in 1973 , kind of funny that Galen Govier as other numbers ... and thats not even covering the C , canadian production numbers

You definitely want to brace the unibody of that GTX with something and dig around and under it as much as you can. Looks like it's already somewhat collapsed in the middle and the doors probably don't close.

If it were me doing it, I'd pull the doors and weld some 1x1 tubing in an X across both door openings.

A close fried once owned a 74 GTX with sunroof.

The numbers we came up with for 74 GTX were closer to 275.

Nice find, I hope it is not too far gone when you get it out of there.

275-ish still sounds super low, but IIRC there have been two others on the FxBO family in the past six months.

I can get you a running 74 GTX cheap here in Michigan that's got a nice solid body and all of the trim! I've heard it run as it has a rebuilt 318 wit zero miles! PM if you're interested and I'll go get some pics of it! I live near Ann Arbor!!

GO FOR IT !! We will be watching,even though Mother Nature has not been kind to these two.Please keep the photos and info posted as you move along. Very interesting ..

thx a lot guys .. im gonna talk with my friend s whos a welder , but as far as i know you cant weld on rust , and usualy the car as to be a bit more up in the air , i really excited and stressed out to go get them , im more scared about the gtx because its the worst of the 2 , but still even if it slipts in half it would even be another thing to say when its gonna be restored !!! ahahahhahah

ps: when i bought my barracuda 13 years ago , it wasnt in the best condition too !

You had me drooling over that "Cuda until I saw the engine compartment. Did they come that way?

THAT is a sweet Barracuda!

I've been lurking in this thread since the first post and I must say I was kinda shaking my head. I'm not any more.

You apparently have some awesome skills! :notworth:

Nice to see a fellow E body owner. hopefully be drivin' mine next year.

Attachments

• DSCN0398.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 395
  • DSCN0312.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 402
Nice looking cuda'
I had a 71 challenger as the first car I ever bought with my own money, restored it and drove the wheels off of it.
I also had a 71' cuda I bought a few years later, should have kept both the E-bodies.
Funny thing was I had the challenger, cuda' and a duster at the same time.
Drove the duster the most because it handled way better than the E-bodes.
Also my cousin has a 73 RR 340-4-speed and a 69 dodge charger.
He bought the RR cheap like $3,000 a couple of years ago.

1000923mm.jpg

hi guys !!!its been a while since i came on the site , 2 weeks ago ive been into an appointement with an old man that somebody told me that he had 2 old mopars on is land.... but i had no idea whats so ever , and the only thing i knew is that he was selling his house so he was sending these 2 cars to the crusher at the scrap yard because he had an offer of 200 bucks for eache..

So...... the first one is still a rare car , 73 satellite sebring plus , factory stock blue car with white interior , console car and bucket seats , with a 400 cu,in and 2bbl with rallye wheels ,

and the second .... A REAL 1974 ROADRUNNER GTX RM21 U CODE CAR , factory tx9 car , with white bucket and console , everything is there from factory but mr. added a 400 air bowl on the engine :( , both cars didnt run since the last 29-30 years and he bought the satellite new and the rr as a second hand car ,

here you go guys , enjoy the pics !!!!!

Subscribed!!!!!

You had me drooling over that "Cuda until I saw the engine compartment. Did they come that way?

He obviously did a VERY nice job restoring that car. Who cares what color he painted the engine compartment? It's also pretty clear that the car isn't stock, so again, who cares what color the engine compartment is? He painted the engine yellow. A yellow engine in a yellow engine compartment? Blah blah the engine compartment was body color from the factory blah blah. If the car isn't factory stock, it doesn't matter anymore.

As far as the Satellite and RR go, I would be extremely careful removing those. Based on how the doors hang, I think there's a really good chance both of those cars will end up in more than one piece if you just drag them out. There's also not as many reproduction parts for those cars as E's or even A's. The fenders aren't reproduced. Neither is the upper cowl. Neither is the roof skin. The quarters and floors are. The 71/72 cars use E-body front frame rails, but not the 73/74 cars because of the redesigned iso suspension that came on them. I was rather surprised when I started looking for parts for my '71 Satellite Sebring Plus, there are a lot of 1 or 2 year only parts on those cars that aren't available.

I like the bodystyle of the 71/72 B's, but, like the A's the 73+ cars take a big hit in value. Even the 71/72 cars don't go for E-body prices. I think they usually bring a little more than A-bodies, but they're a lot closer to A body prices than E body. If you're doing it for the challenge, or to save a rare car, props to you, and best of luck, I would love to see you succeed in saving those beasts. But I think you'll have at least twice as much into those cars as they'll ever be worth, even doing the work yourself.

-
Back