not a mopar but... thinking of grabbing it what u guys think

-

63VALIANT*KISS

Reaction score
1970 buick skylark gonna go look at it tomarrow 350 v8 grandma green auto 75000 orig miles grandmas car she said nvr had a problem with anything on it. rust in the trunk though and surface on the hood and top. what u guys think i love the 70's buicks oh yeah only 250$ not solid on price runs well and non oped

Nice car for a grandma...

Of course my '70 Dart is a granny's car... 225/6, 904, power steering, drum brakes.

How many cars do you need? I figure 3. A convertible, a daily driver, and one to do the frame off restoration project.

I say go for it. Had a green 70 4 door once. Got rearended but it still smoked the tires to the junkyard

I think the only color they came in was green or gold, Atleast that's all I've ever seen..

What is the Buick saying "Go Fast With Class". The Skylark was a smooth looking car.
I almost bought a 71 GS 350 before I bought my first MOPAR.

2 door or 4 door??

Buick made some good stuff and a lot of torque. Too bad Olds, Pontiac, and Buick went corporate in 73. Straight into the crapper.

here's a reference pic of a similar car.

70_skylark_1_1.jpg

It's not a granny's car. I think it has definite potential. And '70 is THE year for the high performance car. All it needs is a 455, turbo 400, and posi. My buddy had a '70 Riviera, and his poor old man could not keep a set of rear tires on that car for nothin'. $250??? a bargain.

Had a GS455 when I was younger (and dumber) was one sweet ride. One of the few that I miss now that I am older. $250 is a definate purchase!

I like those cars & would grab it for that price, but I have one question for the OP. What does "and non oped." mean? I'll admit I'm old & maybe not up on all the abbreviations.

non oped= non operative registraition

sweet for being a diff product im happy to see people r not all ewwww buick.

i would not get it if it had a 455 too hugte of a gas hog 350 was cutting it i hoped it had SIX

non oped= non operative registraition

sweet for being a diff product im happy to see people r not all ewwww buick.

i would not get it if it had a 455 too hugte of a gas hog 350 was cutting it i hoped it had SIX

If it had a 455 you would buy it (for $250) cuz it's worth a s***load more than a 350 car!
That car was built when even the "little" 350's had more oats than the cars made in the 70's and 80's. And, most built since then, too (daily driver's, at least).

Just Got Off The Phone With Thew Guy Looking At It Arounbd 12 And He Said Theres Some Rust In The Trunk Qtrs And Roof Doesnt Sound Good But I Told Him I Prolly Wont Give Him 250 For It Hes Like Well Look At It Tell Me What U Would Give Me For It Cross My Fingers Its A Keeper

If the roof is that rusty cut it off and have some summer fun! I did that to my first car, and it cost more than 250. It was a 68 Sport Fury Wagon with a 383. We would get 9 people in the 3 rows of seats and cruise to the river. That was 25 years ago now, but I still miss that wagon.

Buy it, and flip it to a GM nut.

Put it on Craigslist and see what kinda bites you get for it.

It seems that the Buicks and Olds Cutlass' are pretty highly sought after by the GM crowd.

Looked At The Car It Had A Thumb Sized Hole Through The Roof The Front Lip Of The Hood Was Pretty Holy And The Trunk Was Bad The Car Turned Over But No Go He Said The Gas That Was In The Car Has Been There For About 6months I Offerd 100 Dollars Told Him To Call Me If He Wanted To Sell It He Said I Have A Couple People Coming To Look At It Ur Just The First One So He Has My Number It Would Be Cool To Have Tho

-
Back