Not a single mopar

-
I think the '93 Ramcharger in my driveway with it's 360 Magnum motor qualifies as more "Sporty" than all of those sh@t buckets

poor poor 1980 corvette. The late 70s/early 80s was just such a crap time for cars. I'm sure mopar would be on the list if they had anything that qualified as a sports car in the darkest of sports car days.

Besides the Viper (obviously not slow), what "Sports Car" did MoPar ever build? I agree with Magnumdust. The only reason there are no MoPars on there is because they didn't build anything that fits the classification.

The Corvette and the Ferrari are the only V8 cars, and they were so choked down with the day's technology to meet government regs at hat they couldn't get out of their own way.

The Delorean had a French Built inline 6 cylinder, and again, chocked to hell to meet US regs, with the technology of the day.

The rest of the list are 4 Cylinder cars. Remember the formula for a traditional sports car, 2 seats, 4 cylinders, 4 speeds, good handings (for the day). Speed was never one of the criteria of a traditional sports car. That's why many companies also built what was know as "Speedsters".

Sports cars were built of be fun and economical, and the traditional tool of road rallies (and not the high speed all wheel drive stuff they call road rallies today. The traditional road rally was more of a timed jaunt through the European country side with timing stops. Something a young man could do on a Sunday afternoon with his "lady friend".

Today's, so called, Sports cars are not what they were meant to be. 500 Hp 6, 7, and 8 speed transmissions, etc have changed the game.

As far as the traditional sports car, the Miata is the best example of a traditional sports car, today.
Here's a little factoid for ya.... What car is the most raced vehicle on the planet?
Answer: The Miata.

Besides the Viper (obviously not slow), what "Sports Car" did MoPar ever build? I agree with Magnumdust. The only reason there are no MoPars on there is because they didn't build anything that fits the classification.

dats right....apples and oranges

They left out the Fiat 850 "Spider."

4798.jpg

That's right, EIGHT HUNDRED and FIFTY cubic pissi-meters of raw slowness. There was no room for your feet, as the fender well intruded into the left of the drivers foot area. The steering column was pointed inwards at the bottom, and I'm sure many long term back problems resulted from this uncomfortable little *****, that is, assuming you survived the hazards of getting flatly run over while driving it.

(The clutch disc spines are so small that I cannot get my little finger through the disc, and my hands ain't all that big)

This is a blowed out version of the useless Fiat 600

(Here, they're getting ready to push it off the pier)

fiat-600-1956.jpg

No idea, I just ran across the photo!!

post-1162810652.jpg

"Lipstick on a pig"

Motore+Abarth.gif

-
Back