Not technically A-Body, but....

-

wayneswirld2

I need a vacation...
Reaction score
...the engine WAS slated to go in my '65 Valiant before I bought this truck, and it has '65 'Cuda turn signals, so I figure it's fair to post this.

It's a '65 Dodge D200 crew cab, originally a slant 6 NP435 Army truck from Ft. Hood Texas. Now sports a '65 413/727 combo with a tunnel ram, Edelbrock carbs, Crane Fireball 294A cam, headers, 8 3/4 3.91 SureGrip rear, Weld Draglites, M/T Drag Radials, B&M shifter....

Just thought I'd give you guys something to think about for your next tow vehicle.

Wayno
Austin, TX

Attachments

• crew cab 4 eyes street scoop resized.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 175
  • crew cab rear fat tires no bumper.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 216
OH MY GOODNESS!!! memike like for sure :blob:
get that video cam out and let's hear it and see it roar :cheers:

Brian, I've got tons of pix of the truck. I've taken a bunch before when it was just a regular driver and a ton of the build to make it more of a hot rod....dunno that there is really an appropriate place to post them on this site though, since we're dedicated to A-Body stuff.

Wayno
Austin, TX

Whoooo cares, post away right here! It's not allllll A bodies here, there was a guy who was doing an M body build with a 1st gen Hemi, and we've got rpg showing us his 69 Coronet interior.
Let's see that Swepty!

looks cool Dude! I love the old crew cabs...... My 64 is going to get a crown vic IFS and a srt 8 6.1.

ByFD9ImkKGrHqIOKiIEwPnZw5JsBMQOGmpn9_12.jpg

Well hell, here goes...hope I don't ruffle the administrators feathers! Here are some before pix of the crew cab...

Attachments

• Crew Cab 080.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 164
  • Crew Cab 040.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Crew Cab 104.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 122
Here's what I sold to do the build......I started the build 8 weeks ago, trying to get ready for the Lonestar Roundup April 13-15th here in Austin.

Attachments

• Crew Cab 019.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 143
Bought this parts truck for the suspension. Yeah, I got rid of the 3/4 ton with a Dana 60 so I could install the 1/2 ton with the 8 3/4 3.91 SureGrip....and then decided I liked the 4 headlight front end better than the pie plates...

Attachments

• Crew Cab 068.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 171
  • Crew Cab 067.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 155
Here are some of the build itself....

Attachments

• Crew Cab 126.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Crew Cab 121.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Crew Cab 100.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Crew Cab 092.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Crew Cab 088.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Crew Cab 087.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Crew Cab 031.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 113
  • Crew Cab 015.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Crew Cab 026.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Crew Cab 129.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 150
Subscribed! Definitely want see the progression of this build. I'm sure the mods won't mind that it's not an "A-body", people here are pretty laid back and as long as you're respectful (it seems you are), you shouldn't have any problems.

That's a monster.

Give us a 3/4 front view, so we can see more of the side.

Frankencrew?

Right now there is no video of this beast running because I haven't fired her up yet. That should happen by Sunday at the latest. I don't have alot of room in my shop so I don't have any good 3/4 shots to show the side of this thing, but I have to tell ya it looks AWESOME with those Draglites on it! Alot of people questioned why the hell I'd get rid of the 3/4 ton suspension in lieu of the 1/2 ton...simple answer is this, there were no great wheel choices for the 8 lug set up. Period. I wanted Draglites on this thing, so 5 lug 1/2 ton was the only way to go.

It's been a LONG 8 weeks since I started tearing this thing down for the build up. I've learned alot of things, both good and bad. There is pretty much NO rust to contend with, not serious rust at least. All the cab mounts are good, floorpans in pretty good shape, suspension bolted right up, pretty much an easy project. Financially it turned out that I've spent about 50% more than I'd budgetted, but the end result is going to be pretty damned cool. I've always liked "different", and this certainly qualifies.

Wayno
Austin, TX

-
Back