NOW I understand the "rear seat removal" questions

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I have NEVER had a problem removing a Mopar rear seat, until now!!! Used to kneel down, give the seat a nudge with my knee while pushing down, and up and out of the latch.

Was stripping the Scamp interior in the process of making it ready to fix the roof. Finally removed the front seat and got under there with two big *** screwdrivers and a light. Took most of my strength to push the seat side wire loop back past the catch "nubbin" so I could pry it up out with the second screwdriver.

Believe me, for an old man, this is HARD WORK!!!

I have NEVER had a problem removing a Mopar rear seat, until now!!! Used to kneel down, give the seat a nudge with my knee while pushing down, and up and out of the latch.

Was stripping the Scamp interior in the process of making it ready to fix the roof. Finally removed the front seat and got under there with two big *** screwdrivers and a light. Took most of my strength to push the seat side wire loop back past the catch "nubbin" so I could pry it up out with the second screwdriver.

Believe me, for an old man, this is HARD WORK!!!
I can get them fairly easy 9 out of 10.... I took mine out a couple weeks ago. It was that tenth time out of ten. Drivers side popped right out. Passenger side was a total PITA.:BangHead: :mad: LOL

Once you know what the latch looks like its very easy. I kinda sit on the edge of the seat and use my body weight to slide it back while lifting the front.

Wait until you get one that has managed to adhere itself to the floor! I had one in a junkyard fight me hard a few years back. It was unreal!

Once you know what the latch looks like its very easy. I kinda sit on the edge of the seat and use my body weight to slide it back while lifting the front.

No, lol I'm sorry!!! I was down on the floor LOOKING at the latch. Those mothers were IN THERE. It took both hands to push hard enough on the springy seat wire to bet it pushed back out of the latch. I was sweatin' when I finally got them both loose!!!

The rear bench back can be raised some so the bottom can move rearward farther/easier. My 67 doesn't have bolts at the bottom of the back, just bent metal tangs. Surely dropped down over time. Moved up easy enough. Other models will have bolts down there. Socket and extension to loosen. After my seat bottom snapped back into place easy enough, I bumped the seat back down again. Of course none of this applies to a hinged seat back.

^^Yeh this one is bolted. I had had enough yesterday. Still have to pull the rear seat back, package tray board, and rear side upholstry, and the carpet. And of course, LOL, my back is sore from lying on the darn seat belt and seat switch connectors

Working on cars can be a full contact sport. I know some of you are in your 60 and 70s. Are you stretching before the game? Yoga sucks......but it works. Even 10 min a day.

-
Back