Oh man, how embarrasing. (Uncle Tony/Nick's Garage)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well his "click bait" is still working......
The big fail the first time around....... just gets you hooked so you’ll watch the second video.

And that's it. I feel stupid even watching anything by the guy (thought that chick in the his Viral video had potential....)

Chatting on here is great. But if you click on his video it's money in his pocket. If your OK with that then you are enjoying the entertainment. What I always like about Nick's is his variety in cars and the story that comes with it. He has a legit business and puts the work in so it's something I look forward to watching. If he gets pulled in again by this Tony Papagorgio guy again I may have to take a break from his stuff and wait til he gets this thing behind him....

JW

With the amount of views they got, they probably made a good profit. Who knows.

I have a friend who's son did make a 7 figure income about 2 years ago on youtube. Gaming and he had an angle that was unique. He had daily videos and I am sure he has moved on to something else. I remember his dad saying there were days he just hated because it was one video after another.

It all comes down to the subscribers, your content, and what may align with your audience. There is certainly an algorithm to it. I would suspect what he is making or not making will surprise you. He is now in a sea of others doing it with no sparkling star in the sky IMO.....

JW

Cant believe Nick didn't check for trash in the oil pump bypass spring....that's a likely culprit for low oil pressure....

That's a good point too.....the oil pressure bypass valve could be stuck partially open and just dumping the oil back into the pan.

If the pressure relief valve in the oil pump sticks, there will be no oil pressure or oil flow in the engine... Been there, done that...

If the pressure relief valve in the oil pump sticks, there will be no oil pressure or oil flow in the engine... Been there, done that...
No, it will be a lower psi, could be 5 , 10 or 0 ....who knows. When it happened to me, it was 20psi .... going down the freeway at 3100 rpm....with 20 psi.
There is always more to learn, life ain't all figured out yet, Karl.

No, it will be a lower psi, could be 5 , 10 or 0 ....who knows. When it happened to me, it was 20psi .... going down the freeway at 3100 rpm....with 20 psi.
There is always more to learn, life ain't all figured out yet, Karl.

No, If the valve sticks between open and close, no oil pressure or flow...

The experience I had was with a 400 engine in a pickup. When I bought it used, It had low oil pressure when hot and at idle (10 PSI), but, otherwise it was quiet and ran fine. Even though the truck only had 70K on it, I figured the bearings must be worn enough to cause it. Pulled the pan and everything looked fine. Even Plastigauged them to be sure. Next, I pulled the oil pump and checked it's gears, housing, and wear on the plate. All good there too. When I pulled the pressure relief valve apart, I found a wire (probably from the oil strainer) stuck in the bore of the relief valve, not letting it close all the way. Pulled the wire out, inspected everything else, declared it good, and put it back together. Normal oil pressure was restored! This 318 could have a similar problem with the pressure relief valve stuck part way open. When cold, the oil is thick enough to restrict flow back into the pan, and still allow decent pressure to the rest of the engine but, when it's hot and thinner, the oil pressure would drop as more oil went out the bypass. Given all the crap that was found in the oil pan, a stuck valve is not much of a stretch!

The experience I had was with a 400 engine in a pickup. When I bought it used, It had low oil pressure when hot and at idle (10 PSI), but, otherwise it was quiet and ran fine. Even though the truck only had 70K on it, I figured the bearings must be worn enough to cause it. Pulled the pan and everything looked fine. Even Plastigauged them to be sure. Next, I pulled the oil pump and checked it's gears, housing, and wear on the plate. All good there too. When I pulled the pressure relief valve apart, I found a wire (probably from the oil strainer) stuck in the bore of the relief valve, not letting it close all the way. Pulled the wire out, inspected everything else, declared it good, and put it back together. Normal oil pressure was restored! This 318 could have a similar problem with the pressure relief valve stuck part way open. When cold, the oil is thick enough to restrict flow back into the pan, and still allow decent pressure to the rest of the engine but, when it's hot and thinner, the oil pressure would drop as more oil went out the bypass. Given all the crap that was found in the oil pan, a stuck valve is not much of a stretch!
Thanks for chiming in. There is a bunch of bullshit people say and it takes more than just the one guy to prove it as such.
You experienced exactly what I'm talking about. This could very well be the issue with the UTG teener.

It ain't the relief valve being stuck-its the engine eating itself. When they changed the oil and it was cold it had 50psi (which is about 20 psi off what it should be) until it warmed up. If you watch the oil pressure gauge closely while Nick is revving--oil pressure actually decreases as the revs climb at one point. That ain't no relief valve--that's munched MAIN bearings. Relief valve sticking is wishful thinking--that engine's fucked. J.Rob

P.S. Any time I have a relief valve stick it is usually closed and we see 100+psi and start blowing oil filter O rings.

It ain't the relief valve being stuck-its the engine eating itself. When they changed the oil and it was cold it had 50psi (which is about 20 psi off what it should be) until it warmed up. If you watch the oil pressure gauge closely while Nick is revving--oil pressure actually decreases as the revs climb at one point. That ain't no relief valve--that's munched MAIN bearings. Relief valve sticking is wishful thinking--that engine's fucked. J.Rob

P.S. Any time I have a relief valve stick it is usually closed and we see 100+psi and start blowing oil filter O rings.

Yep. And it makes one hell of a mess.

Except that when he pulled that one main bearing, it looked perfect. I would have pulled more, and some rod bearings too. I also would have put a micrometer on the journals and made sure they matched the bearing shells. I wonder what the cam bearings look like. If they were shot, it would also have low oil pressure when hot, and it would also help explain some of the short push rod problem they claim it has.

Except that when he pulled that one main bearing, it looked perfect. I would have pulled more, and some rod bearings too. I also would have put a micrometer on the journals and made sure they matched the bearing shells. I wonder what the cam bearings look like. If they were shot, it would also have low oil pressure when hot, and it would also help explain some of the short push rod problem they claim it has.
But I don't think it was Nick's job to fix the f**k up.

I already said that they should have pulled all of the mains--I have been stung by looking at one main and declaring the engine good when it really wasn't. Mark my words that engine was completely screwed by the dirt alone. The goddamn filter had more **** it in than my porting bench.

Oh and if they re test with a claim of only correcting lifters and pushrods , and the oil pressure is fixed---I call bullshit. They aren't showing us everything--How else would it cost $7k? J.Rob

No, but, you already have the pan and windage tray off. I wouldn't have take much extra effort to do a little more investigating. Especially when you see all the other diagnosing he did with cutting open the oil filter, and pulling apart the oil pump. What's a few more bearing caps?

Were they using Magnum heads? No other reason to use AMC lifters unless you have oil through pushrods.

Were they using Magnum heads? No other reason to use AMC lifters unless you have oil through pushrods.
No, normal LA heads, but almost ALL your replacement lifters for a sbm are "amc" type with the pushrod oiling hole. Still takes a incompetent hack to put the rocker shaft on backwards, while not noticing the pushrods are .100 to short...(there claim) with zero preload. That engine is a pile of crap. Dude could have bought a 408 from blueprint with a warranty and been way ahead of the game.

You know I am about 100% sure I can go right down to my local junkyard, get a $350 5.9 magnum, cam swap it and put a carb intake on it and destroy that POS utg 318....for a fraction of the cost.....

You know I am about 100% sure I can go right down to my local junkyard, get a $350 5.9 magnum, cam swap it and put a carb intake on it and destroy that POS utg 318....for a fraction of the cost.....
Fire up your video camera!

According to the latest update that I saw on YouTube, they are planning to use different pushrods, change the intake gaskets and haul it back to Nick's and re-dyno it. Any guesses to what's gonna happen?? Lol
go boom , or grind to a slow death
this is all to be a U=TUBE STAR ?? WTF stick a con rod up your *** piston first and pull it out your mouth , you'll be a U-tube star . what a waste of 1 hour

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back