Oil Drip Catch?

-

RogerRamRod

The Older I Get, The Faster I Was
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sometime back, I saw a conversation about an oil drip, and someone was suggesting they cut some absorbent Matt that they got somewhere.
Yeah, I know, all the detail of a “ My car is making a noise, what could it be?” Thread.
I just got done putting the engine and transmission back in the car after rebuilding the transmission and putting another oil pan gasket on. (Magnum block with a 360 pan, with the cut/modified single piece gasket.)
I’d like to get some shakedown runs on the car without spraying oil all over underneath. Pulling the engine again and replacing the pan gasket would be a winter project.
Does anybody know of the absorbent matting that may have been discussed? It seems like it might have been something for your floor that a member had cut and formed some sort of catch. my drip is upfront behind the damper.
Thank you in advance FABO Brain Trust.

Probably a diaper that the drag cars use. Not cheap I bet. $135 for the Summit brand. Not as bad as I expected.
Sometime back, I saw a conversation about an oil drip, and someone was suggesting they cut some absorbent Matt that they got somewhere.
Yeah, I know, all the detail of a “ My car is making a noise, what could it be?” Thread.
I just got done putting the engine and transmission back in the car after rebuilding the transmission and putting another oil pan gasket on. (Magnum block with a 360 pan, with the cut/modified single piece gasket.)
I’d like to get some shakedown runs on the car without spraying oil all over underneath. Pulling the engine again and replacing the pan gasket would be a winter project.
Does anybody know of the absorbent matting that may have been discussed? It seems like it might have been something for your floor that a member had cut and formed some sort of catch. my drip is upfront behind the damper.
Thank you in advance FABO Brain Trust.

You can buy the absorbant material for the diaper. I got a 3 pack from DRE I believe. Jegs has them for 13 bucks.

self adhesive maxi pad
If its a rear main seal these work quite well. Same can be made for the front of pan with a little work.I have them on my beater and old truck. I made a tray and attached it to the trans converter cover. Not the best photo.Tray isn't in photo. I change it when changing oil as the leaks/drips are small but annoying .

IMG_2856.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all, I do believe it was Pig Mat I remember someone in a previous thread had mentioned.
I will look at the others mentioned as well.

Grey type absorbs water / oil and the white absorbs oil only when picking types .

-
Back