Oil Pan

-

A/MP

Reaction score
I'm looking for actual real world advice for an oil pan for a 360 in a '65 Dart. I picked up a Milodon street pan #30936 that has the side kick outs. It fits OK ,the drag link rubs a tad on hard right turns but it will not accept a windage tray. Do you know of a pan that has extra capacity and will work w/ a windage tray. This is for a full race stroker. Thanks

How deep is the pan. If it is a race pan, a windage tray is not really needed but a lower - max oil height is rather desired. The windage tray protects the crank and rotateing assembly from the oil it picks up from the wind created. (OK, maybe a "NO duh" but...) If the oil is down and away enuff, the tray is no real help.
Right?
After all, your not really filing up the pan with 8 plus quarts are you?

Not trying to be mean here, but why are you looking for a street pan for a race engine? Drag race engines don't need a windage tray 'cause they won't see all the oil wrap around the crank when you pull a G in a left hand sweeper. All you need is a crank scraper and a good deep sump oil pan that will hold at least 8 quarts. The engineering department at Chrysler had the final say on what was produced instead of the bean counters, unlike Generic Motors and Phord. Stock stuff will cover about 98% of what a sane person wants to do with a car. By the time a Mopar needs aftermarket oil pans the Other Guys are into blocks, cranks, etc. Not having a bellybutton car is part of the charm for me. Why do we need a parts list formula to be cool? Just my $.02.

I think it's because it is a real mean machine on the street looking to paste some bow tie butt and eat horse meat afterwards. OR, it's a race ride.

Oh how I love it when members on this site don't read the post!!!!!!All I want is a part# or BRAND NAME FOR AN OIL PAN THAT WILL FIT A 1965 DART WITH A 360 AND CLEAR THE K MEMBER AND DRAG LINK!!!!!!! If you don't have the answer don't reply. If you need a friend or a date or just need to let people know that you may know something just skip this post. Thanks

Dear NO DAH- bad info is the worst info. It doesn't matter how deep the pan is.The crank will always whip any oil it can grab. The tray not only separates the oil in the pan from the crank but will also scrape to a small degree oil the crank has already whipped. The Chevy meshed tray does this very well thanks to Smokey Yunick. Please if you read another post of mine, READ the post carefully and answer the question(s) asked. Don't include anything that isn't asked especially when your info is wrong. Thanks

-
Back