Oil pan

-

340Truck

Reaction score
I have just received my block back from the machine shop with rotating assy. balanced and installed.340 with 4 inch stroke crank and h beam rods,which leads me to the question will most aftermarket oil pans clear the 4 inch stroke and if not which ones will? Thanks in advance to those willing to share there knowledge on this.

I have just received my block back from the machine shop with rotating assy. balanced and installed.340 with 4 inch stroke crank and h beam rods,which leads me to the question will most aftermarket oil pans clear the 4 inch stroke and if not which ones will? Thanks in advance to those willing to share there knowledge on this.
I have not seen a pan that ran into a 4 inch stroke on a Chrysler. I've also used Milodon stuff since the early 1980's and still do. I also know some guys can break a bowling ball in a sand box with no tools.

I have not seen a pan that ran into a 4 inch stroke on a Chrysler. I've also used Milodon stuff since the early 1980's and still do. I also know some guys can break a bowling ball in a sand box with no tools.
:lol:

Don't get me started on those damn milodon oil pans! I have one now that I ordered brand new and put on my brand new Stroker motor all nice and slowly of course banging on it to get the oil pump to fit and then banging on it to get the pickup tube to fit (there's!) and of course got it all on just to find out one of the Welds nowhere near where I was banging on it is leaking after the motor was all in and good to go. I now have J-B Weld and the right stuff plugging up the whole all smothered over the outside of my brand new oil pan. Of course Summit sent me a discount which was nice and then when I called milodon the guy answering the phone said not again! Down here in California we can only test with water now instead of a solvent for cracks and we don't catch them all and they have my number and are willing to send me a new one with new gaskets when I feel like taking it off and sending it to them and have time for all that. I'm not a happy customer with milodon.
edit: oh yeah I guess you did get me started so I might as well keep bitching I had to cut a 2-inch triangle out of my K frame so it will fit and my cheap Summit headers touching it, what else?
I used to have a milodon oil pan on my 360
Never again

Don't get me started on those damn milodon oil pans! I have one now that I ordered brand new and put on my brand new Stroker motor all nice and slowly of course banging on it to get the oil pump to fit and then banging on it to get the pickup tube to fit (there's!) and of course got it all on just to find out one of the Welds nowhere near where I was banging on it is leaking after the motor was all in and good to go. I now have J-B Weld and the right stuff plugging up the whole all smothered over the outside of my brand new oil pan. Of course Summit sent me a discount which was nice and then when I called milodon the guy answering the phone said not again! Down here in California we can only test with water now instead of a solvent for cracks and we don't catch them all and they have my number and are willing to send me a new one with new gaskets when I feel like taking it off and sending it to them and have time for all that. I'm not a happy customer with milodon.
edit: oh yeah I guess you did get me started so I might as well keep bitching I had to cut a 2-inch triangle out of my K frame so it will fit and my cheap Summit headers touching it, what else?

What pan is it? My Super Stock pan fits a stock K member. And it's big.

20150301_173050.jpg
20150428_172020.jpg
20150428_172433.jpg

Moroso fit the 4 inch crank with no problems and you dont have to notch the k member

Now please remember this is only experience that I've had with this one oil pan. Besides a stock I've never used any other kind or Style so I'm sure there's someone here has used other stuff or maybe even the same stuff and made it work better and again this is just been my experience as limited as it is.

trucks came with a rear sump pan. the m301 is center sump, and I wonder if the crank scraper in it clears a stroker

Not for truck, and I will check with kevko for clearance . Thanks for responding.

Just an update ,I spoke with Jane (I Think) at kevko and she said m301 pan will clear 4 inch crank.

-
Back