OK, I need suggestions from Scattershield owners!

-

Kevin Jonker

Reaction score
I will be pulling my tranny and scattershield today. Heres my problem. How do you put the clutch fork into the clips on the throwout bearing with no inspection window? (scattershield completely solid). We dropped everything in together the 1st time. Should I cut a hole then reweld it? Maybe one big enough to get a mirror into? Am I being real dum here? HELP!

Before you go to crazy, here's something to measure if your current set up works well.

Get the clutch removed and measure distance from flywheel face to clutch fork bracket. Install the scattershield and make sure that distance is the same. I've had scattershielsds need as much as 3/8" spacers to get the distance correct and the clutch worked like junk when it was wrong. No pedal, engage right off floor because the fork was over angled.

Just something to watch out for while doing the job.

Yeah, getting the throwout in and keeping it on your fork is a trick. Use some all thread sticking out from the bell to help align your trans during install.

Insert the t/o bearing through the tranny input shaft hole, or if the shield is off, install it before you put the scatter shield back in.

-
Back