OK you can unsubscribe me

-
George: "MAYBE the world of Mopars". I knew you had it in ya....or lets say on ya.....i mean the cahones/who ha. Good to see you're one of us tough old goats.....oops, that's a pontiac. Mans got to be careful what he calls what around here or he'll be acussed of probing.......oops, that's a ford. Oh well at any rate the hazards of showing up at a party around here with a bowtie.....oops, that's a chevy. Oh well, this is suregrip territory.

Well I'm glad your staying and have a good sense of humor about matters. Reguar car guys take heat from 1 brand onlly guys all the time. I thought it a good joke.

Where generalllllly, not a heavy handed MODERATING MAD bunch. It doesn't pay to be heavy handed IMO. It's more like stiffling to the board to be that way.

LOL @ Small Block

Well, thats why I was kind of pissed. I thought "Man, if a moderator pulled THAT, these guys are pretty uptight" Could be I hadnt re-freshed. My bad. It was late, the baby was yelling, I was tired. Nuff said.

yeah, we're not big on deleting things here. We try to avoid it wherever possible.

George: "MAYBE the world of Mopars". I knew you had it in ya....or lets say on ya.....i mean the cahones/who ha. Good to see you're one of us tough old goats.....oops, that's a pontiac. Mans got to be careful what he calls what around here or he'll be acussed of probing.......oops, that's a ford. Oh well at any rate the hazards of showing up at a party around here with a bowtie.....oops, that's a chevy. Oh well, this is suregrip territory.
Well, I'll tell you how I see it. Mopars are my first love, have been since I first saw pics of Tritak & Morgan wagon when I was nine years old, but I have built other stuff for myself & for others, and I dont have any illusions. The way a car is built & prepped & dialed in has WAY MORE to do with how quick it is than whether it has a pentastar or a bowtie or a blue-oval on it. The most impressive thing I ever built was a chevy (4200lbs, no power adders, factory iron heads, 9" dots, 10.20s@ 133 in full street trim) & the reason why was because the owner had the commitment to take the time & effort to really do things properly, and to spend enough time at test n tunes to realize the potential of the combination.
I bought my first Mopar (early Valiant 2dr sedan) in 1976, but I never drove it, Started buying parts, sold it with a core 340, 4-speed & an 8 3/4 with used 4.56s, used the proceeds to buy a running 302 Pinto with a boatload of good parts. I laugh about that car now, but for the price I couldn't go wrong, I was 17, the Mopar was still a LONG ways from running, was really too much of a project for me at that time.I street raced the pinto for a year, eventually parted it out, & STILL got more money than I had tied up in it, so it WAS a good deal. The proceeds from parting out the Pinto enabled me to to buy a 440 Duster (left the factory as a B5 blue 340 car & I still have it) so the Pinto turned out to be a pretty good purchase in the long run.

Buy the sounds of the details you must be about my age, 57. As for as these moderators go, the only thing you really have to watch out for is when the monkey points the big finger you've had it. LMAO !!! And further more, i think i could drink beer with any of the mods here and am looking forward to doing so sometime.

I'm 47, pushing 48. What can I say, I was a child protoge.
Actually I had a lot of help. My father raced motorcycles, and when I was 13, I started spending my weekends sweeping floors & washing parts for a local engine builder who built alot of motors for NHRA class racers(mostly MP and Gas) and was the local Booth-Arons connection.Took a LOT of abuse, as he was a die-hard chevy guy, and i was already a Mopar nut, but the man was a GENIUS, excellent fabricator, taught me how to TIG weld & gas weld aluminum, and how to PROPERLY assemble an engine. Also taught me how the think, and to see what was ACTUALLY happening with a race car, rather than what I THOUGHT SHOULD be happening. I saw some pretty wild stuff at an early age. Gas-ported BRCs that wieghed about as much as a ham sandwich, piston pins that wieghed as much as an average ball-point pen, chevy turbo heads that had ports that didnt look ANYTHING like what ports in turbo castings NORMALLY looked like... And all before I was old enough to drive.

Welcome back hell. He never left. He was just looking for some soft hearted Mopar freaks to make him feel wanted and needed. Be easy on him guys till we get him initiated then we'll pile on him in a big way. Takes awhile for a mans skin to toughin up ya know. We'll work with ya George if ya hang around.

I just read everything in this thread. I'm glad to see that nobody left. I was born and bread MOPAR!!!! And I grew up in a Ford and AMC family. But I've always stuck with A-body Mopars. I like certain cars that are not mopars. But there is not 1 single Chevy I've ever liked. But that is just me. I hate the chevies and always will. I'm just glad that you stuck around.

George: Freelowder is my neighbor. Now you understand. Some things we just have to put up with. Trying to convert Chip is to say the least, TOUGH. But he's not all bad. He will have an MGD with me when he runs out of his cheap stuff.

pick on me for awhile iam board !

Ok, get that POS gmc truck offa our a-body site!!!! No room for that GM crap taking up our mopar bandwidth!!! :thebirdm:

Just kidding man... but you did say we could :p

As for George... welcome back. And sometimes you do need to have some patience with people here. But isnt that on any forum?

Second dibs on being picked on after freelowder.
I like the game and miss it.
Here's a head start. The dart in my avitar has since been rolled and i put the running gear in a '69 valiant 2 door post, it matches my '69 valiant 4 door daily driver.(what's a Dartnut doing with a valiant?):poke:
Also my brother has a smokin' '69 chevelle that runs 10.90s and it is an awesome car. It's all steel with a full interior, is only street driven it weighs 3950# and that's with no cage or nitrous. He also drives it to Spokane, Wash. to race, a round trip of about 400 miles from where he lives in B.C.@ 10 mpg! He's about george's age too.
I still wouldn't want it though.
I told him your car is nice, but it ain't no valiant.:-D
Tom.

i came to the conclusion a long time ago that, these things are all junk, that being said, it's just a matter of who's junk you want to be seen in. i've been in on so many resto's that i don't remember them all. i'm the same age as you george. and i built my first v-8 at 13. all by my lonesome. and it was a 289 hy-po. i own nothing but mopars but, i love a good joke. i've also decided that the biggest proportion of the populus could benefit greatly from the medicinal uses of marijuana.

You guys probably dont know this, I have a FE for my falcon. Some ford guys will try to tell you FE stands for Ford?Edsel. Dont believe them. It stands for Farm Engine.

Second dibs on being picked on after freelowder.
I like the game and miss it.
Here's a head start. The dart in my avitar has since been rolled and i put the running gear in a '69 valiant 2 door post, it matches my '69 valiant 4 door daily driver.(what's a Dartnut doing with a valiant?):poke:
Also my brother has a smokin' '69 chevelle that runs 10.90s and it is an awesome car. It's all steel with a full interior, is only street driven it weighs 3950# and that's with no cage or nitrous. He also drives it to Spokane, Wash. to race, a round trip of about 400 miles from where he lives in B.C.@ 10 mpg! He's about george's age too.
I still wouldn't want it though.
I told him your car is nice, but it ain't no valiant.:-D
Tom.
Sounds like your brother have a pretty nice "A-Body" there. ROFL

-
Back