OMG ....my dream car

-
Rani,
Trust me when I tell you that two people can sleep comfortably in that wagon.

Rani,

well I suppose someone could take it camping but I had more of a utility in mind ....like a sized down version of the van

Attachments

• 64-deluxewagon.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 231
  • image2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 212
I have actually been operating as a repair operation but now I am thinking of getting more serious about it. So far my market has been people at my university, particularly women.

My parents have been reluctant to give me the green light to start advertising in the city and getting a non-student, general population clientele.

I need to get more organized business wise and probably get a male assistant before dealing with people I don't know.

Maybe get a dog to go with you? You can't be too safe these days.

Rani,

I bet, if you can get two into the back of a gen 2 Barracuda fastback, then you could easily get them in the back of a wagon.... :sign12:

Gigity, gigity.... :D

I bet, if you can get two into the back of a gen 2 Barracuda fastback, then you could easily get them in the back of a wagon.... :sign12:

Gigity, gigity.... :D

ok....here I thought this was a discussion of fact about the space availability in these cars and then the "giggity giggity" gave it away as to what you guys are talking about. You guys are gross!! :violent2:

ok....here I thought this was a discussion of fact about the space availability in these cars and then the "giggity giggity" gave it away as to what you guys are talking about. You guys are gross!! :violent2:

You can also sleep back there... #-o

(I've done that too....) :color:

I have freaked out people at how much stuff I have packed in my fastback. I used to go to college two states over and could get all of my "equipment" for my dorm room in two trips... :???: (two large speakers, two medium speakers, two tape decks, cd player, 100 watt per channel receiver, half fridge, microwave, bottom half of tool box, oh yeah, and clothes....)

We also put the back seat of my fastback down and drove it to Spring Break from Detroit, MI to Daytona, FL. We put our bags on one side, and a pillow and sleeping bag on the other. One guy slept while the other guy drove... Made the trip in 22 hours going down, and 19 back to Chicago from FL. :glasses7:

My brother and I used to fall asleep in mom's67 fastback when she stayed late visiting her family on the other side of town. Mom would put a sleeping bag and pillow in the back for each of us, and we would fall asleep on the way home looking at the street lights and start out of the back window... O:)

They're not just for "gigity-gigity".... :D

I have freaked out people at how much stuff I have packed in my fastback. I used to go to college two states over and could get all of my "equipment" for my dorm room in two trips... :???:

They're not just for "gigity-gigity".... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing gross about making love! My avitars Daddy was conceived in just such a MOPAR.

Wagons are very cool. Wouldn't mind that one myself. Could park it next to my buddy's 77 Monaco. Or is it a 76? Anyways, same body style.

With that dash, it would be like having a Charger wagon. hehe

Steve

I smell Dave Boertman ROD SHOP replica!

rod-shop-71.jpg

The actual Rod Shop/Boertman wagon still exists in Williamsport, PA but is now painted plain vanilla white. I wish I would have bought it in 1992 when I had the chance. It had a funky paint job then and had been campaigned as the War Wagon sponsored by Jack Lowry Dodge. I coulda had it for $2900.:banghead: At the time, my daily driver was a 71 Coronet 4 door.

The actual Rod Shop/Boertman wagon still exists in Williamsport, PA but is now painted plain vanilla white. I wish I would have bought it in 1992 when I had the chance. It had a funky paint job then and had been campaigned as the War Wagon sponsored by Jack Lowry Dodge. I coulda had it for $2900.:banghead: At the time, my daily driver was a 71 Coronet 4 door.

I have wondered what ever happened to that car, and the blue '71 Charger J/SA car. I'm glad to hear the wagon still exists.

I have wondered what ever happened to that car, and the blue '71 Charger J/SA car. I'm glad to hear the wagon still exists.

The wagon was for sale again last summer at the show at Fairfield in Muncy. Can't remember how much the guy was asking, sticks in my head it was up around 15 grand, but really don't remember for certain.

Back in the 70's at Detroit Dragway, there was a 71 Crestwood wagon in the pits for a big-time type outfit. It was orange/woodgrain, buckets, pistol-grip, 383-4. I'll never forget that car. It was all stock and factory.

Just remembered this one I saw at the Indy Cylinder Head Event a couple
of years ago.

Had a good sounding 340 in it.

Attachments

• Larrys indy pics 021.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Larrys indy pics 022.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Larrys indy pics 023.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Larrys indy pics 024.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 100
Just remembered this one I saw at the Indy Cylinder Head Event a couple
of years ago.

Had a good sounding 340 in it.

I had a 66 dodge 4 door wagon I used as a tow car when I first started playing w/ my first hemi, it was the worst gas hog of anything that I`ve ever owned ! that being said, I`d love to have a 63-4-5 valiant wagon that wasn't a rust bucket.

Back in the mid 1980's I picked up a 1972 Plymouth Fury III wagon. It came from the factory with a 400, 727, 8-3/4 Sure Grip. It was a 6 passenger wagon, and pretty much loaded with features. Power everything ( for the time) and large enough inside to carry full 4'x8' plywood and drywall.
It was a real work horse, and a great people mover, too.

It could also scoot pretty well. The 400 engine was a smog version of the 383 it replaced, but still retained plenty of torque. This car came from the factory with a 2Bbl carb, I added an eddy intake, a Direct connection street cam, and a Carter AFB, and 4 Bbl kick down linkage. It came from he factory with dual exhaust and there was noting wrong with the stock exhaust so I left them as they were. It was a pre-catilyst car, too.

best of all, I paid $300.00 for the car. remember, back in the 80's these cars were nothing more than used cars, and the mentality back then was down sizing. Chrysler C bodies were a dime a dozen.
I sold it, my 69 GTX ( that I bought with 1600 miles on it) , my 68 Hemi Roadrunner ( that I purchased new), and my 78 W200 Power Wagon when we moved to Georgia.
All were registered, insured, and in excellent operating condition.
I kept one MoPar for myself, and that is the 71 Swinger noted in my signature, below, and I still have it, and, of course my wife's Oldsmobile of the time.

Many times I thing about selling that stuff... But, no regrets. They payed for the entire move from NJ to Georgia, and then some. In fact I was able to by a new B150 Dodge "Royal Ram Wagon" (Van) within a couple of weeks of the move, and paid cash for it. That was 1986.

That Old Fury wagon would sure be a welcome addition to my life right now, though.

btw, the only down side to those wagons was the location of the gas tank. They are located behind the driver's side rear tire, between the fender skin and the frame. Yes, the gas tanks are outside of the frame rails. Directly behind the rear tire. Not a good design. Other than that, they were fabulous. I like the C body wagons better then the B body wagons.

Back in the mid 1980's I picked up a 1972 Plymouth Fury III wagon. It came from the factory with a 400, 727, 8-3/4 Sure Grip. It was a 6 passenger wagon, and pretty much loaded with features. Power everything ( for the time) and large enough inside to carry full 4'x8' plywood and drywall.
It was a real work horse, and a great people mover, too.

It could also scoot pretty well. The 400 engine was a smog version of the 383 it replaced, but still retained plenty of torque. This car came from the factory with a 2Bbl carb, I added an eddy intake, a Direct connection street cam, and a Carter AFB, and 4 Bbl kick down linkage. It came from he factory with dual exhaust and there was noting wrong with the stock exhaust so I left them as they were. It was a pre-catilyst car, too.

best of all, I paid $300.00 for the car. remember, back in the 80's these cars were nothing more than used cars, and the mentality back then was down sizing. Chrysler C bodies were a dime a dozen.
I sold it, my 69 GTX ( that I bought with 1600 miles on it) , my 68 Hemi Roadrunner ( that I purchased new), and my 78 W200 Power Wagon when we moved to Georgia.
All were registered, insured, and in excellent operating condition.
I kept one MoPar for myself, and that is the 71 Swinger noted in my signature, below, and I still have it, and, of course my wife's Oldsmobile of the time.

Many times I thing about selling that stuff... But, no regrets. They payed for the entire move from NJ to Georgia, and then some. In fact I was able to by a new B150 Dodge "Royal Ram Wagon" (Van) within a couple of weeks of the move, and paid cash for it. That was 1986.

That Old Fury wagon would sure be a welcome addition to my life right now, though.

btw, the only down side to those wagons was the location of the gas tank. They are located behind the driver's side rear tire, between the fender skin and the frame. Yes, the gas tanks are outside of the frame rails. Directly behind the rear tire. Not a good design. Other than that, they were fabulous. I like the C body wagons better then the B body wagons.

The stories like this, make me miss stawags... I drive, a late model Ford version. It's great,for what it is,sure isn't the cool old station wagon vibe...

I have to agree with those that do not see the potential in having a big block wagon, so I will offer to tow any away that you have or find just to get them taken care of. Actually I will haul them away for free!

-
Back