On a beautiful fall day we were prepping the classics for winter hibernation, sigh....

-

mopar56

Reaction score
Yesterday was a beautiful fall day, and my youngest son has some reorganizing of his single car garge to do this fall/winter and a winter car project as well ( another vehicle ) i told him his Duster could spend the winter at my garage. My garage isn't massive just a two car garage but like a lot of you, one half is for my classic while the other is for storage and shop tools etc. Anyway thankfully I also have a small storage shed out side and with some major reorganizing was able to clear a space for his car. Once in the garage we put the " skates" under it and moved it up against the wall. I've left room to get around my 56 as I have a few things I wish to do over the winter AND I still have three weeks of insurance left on it so I can have a few nice fall cruises before it sleeps for the winter to. Anyone else putting their classics away yet?

20240929_175144.jpg

20240929_175106.jpg

Anyone else putting their classics away yet?

Sadly, yes. Both trucks have been parked in the shed/shop for the winter, although only one is up on "skates", as I have to be able to move it back and forth for a few more weeks in order to get to the table saw. Anyway, both are on battery tenders, as well as the boat (I fogged it a couple weeks ago), and I drained the coolant from both of them this year as I never got around to changing and/or checking the freeze point. Just too damn busy....

BUT, and this is a little bitter sweet, I did get my wife to agree that next summer we're going to empty out the 4-stall shed (2 wide x 2 deep) for a "proper" Mechanical Build-Out (insulation, heating/cooling, wiring, lighting, and compressed air lines), and by this time next year I should have a Shop, and not just a Shed!

(Gonna be a long winter for me.)

Heat definitely makes a difference! Fortunately it rarely gets very cold where we live, barley ever goes below freezing BUT it's very wet and so having a insulated and heated garage makes for more motivation during the winter, turn on some tunes, the dog laying on his bed and the projects go more smoothly. I don't have that much to do this winter, a couple oil leaks on my 56, one pretty simple the other requires a bit of work, and IF my kid has time I might help him pull the 4 spd from his Duster to replace the front bearing carrier seal that is currently dripping into a old cookie sheet in my garage. But I do not like working on my back, I'm getting too old for that stuff.

-
Back