On the fence about selling the GTS?

-

LovetheA's

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I thought that I'd reach out to everyone and get some opinions. I trust the expertease on this website and I'm at a pivotal point with my 67 gts. I seriously considering selling the car but don't want to give it away. What do you think it will bring in this market? I want to buy a house and there is no better time than now. Many of you have seen the car. It is a real 67 gts 4 speed. As you know there was no vin stamping on the motor, tranny and rearend in 67. It isn't the original block but dated approx 1 month before the build date of car so it is correct. The tranny is original to the car but I changed out the 67 inland shifter for a 68 hurst. The rearend was originally a 3:23 741 case but now has 3:55 and 489 case. I have everything for the car to go back to factory correct because as of now it has headers, edelbrock performer intake and 650cfm demon carb. I have original manifolds, intake, and carb. In addition, I have a ton of paperwork with the car showing all the previous owners from the beginning and the original bill of sale from the dealership. The cars body and interior is mint and the paint only has a few tiny imperfections. It is restored in the correct interior colors and HH1 dark copper metallic exterior. I realize that it may not be as desireable as the 68 or 69 but try to find a real nice restored 67 gts with a 4 speed to boot. I'm ready for some constructive critcism good or bad.

Carl

Attachments

• IMG_2494.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_2498.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_2502.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_2513.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_2509.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 319
if you are on the fence, hold it for another summer, and if you feel the same way, then may be better to sell, after you are sure!

I would think that car could fetch some good money. My thought is $30,000+ but I don't have a good ideal what the market value is for that car. So please don't be insulted if that is low to you. Needs the stock air cleaner for the sale installed even if you leave the headers and other non original parts on.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I have the original air cleaner and repo pie pan that are mint. I also have some extras that would go with the car. Dog dish hubcaps, correct extra master cylinder, pair of mint 67 fender top turn signals, and those simulated mag wheel covers on the car that are restored go with the car.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I have the original air cleaner and repo pie pan that are mint. I also have some extras that would go with the car. Dog dish hubcaps, correct extra master cylinder, pair of mint 67 fender top turn signals, and those simulated mag wheel covers on the car that are restored go with the car.

What do you think it is worth?

Oklacarcollecto

Well lets just say that I have about $55,000 thousand into it but I would take considerably less than that because my feeling is that even though I would sell at a loss I could buy a house at rock bottom. It all evens out I hope. You know how damn exspensive it is to restore these cars let alone many of the one year only parts on the 67. I would think rock bottom around $38,000-$40,000 would do it. Maybe I'm crazy but I can't just give it away. It is so beautiful and so rare. Also, with the motor work done to it, it runs like a beast.

Carl

Oklacarcollecto

Well lets just say that I have about $55,000 thousand into it but I would take considerably less than that because my feeling is that even though I would sell at a loss I could buy a house at rock bottom. It all evens out I hope. You know how damn exspensive it is to restore these cars let alone many of the one year only parts on the 67. I would think rock bottom around $38,000-$40,000 would do it. Maybe I'm crazy but I can't just give it away. It is so beautiful and so rare. Also, with the motor work done to it, it runs like a beast.

Carl

Yes, I know what it costs to build cars and it sure hasn't gotten cheaper even with the slow down in the economy. As clean and as rare as your car is I would thik you would be right about the value. It sure isn't like you can buy a car like it everyday.

I am with you on the value you are looking for. That car is worth every penny! However,

"I want to buy a house and there is no better time than now" applies to your car as much if not more to a potential buyer. Good luck. Love the color combo.

Grant

thats big ticket item for this economy.
in 07 it would already be gone.

House prices will continue to go down as the foreclosures work their way through the pipeline. IMO this economy isn't getting any better anytime soon so waiting is in your favor. Interest rates will probably stay low for quite a while also as the maniacs at the Fed try to save their bankster buddies.

The car will also lose value since toys in general are falling with the loss of jobs. Oil is getting more expensice since the fools in DC want to expand wars (this time Iran but maybe also Syria) as their way to boost the economy. You may have to export the car to a foriegn buyer so advertise broadly.

So the race is to sell the car before it drops more and then wait for house prices to come to you. That is how I see it from here.

House prices will continue to go down as the foreclosures work their way through the pipeline. IMO this economy isn't getting any better anytime soon so waiting is in your favor. Interest rates will probably stay low for quite a while also as the maniacs at the Fed try to save their bankster buddies.

The car will also lose value since toys in general are falling with the loss of jobs. Oil is getting more expensice since the fools in DC want to expand wars (this time Iran but maybe also Syria) as their way to boost the economy. You may have to export the car to a foriegn buyer so advertise broadly.

So the race is to sell the car before it drops more and then wait for house prices to come to you. That is how I see it from here.

Would you consider a trade?

This might be my favorite Dart on FABO, that thing is clean as a MF. I love the color combo, very classy, and a BB and four speed to boot. Good luck with whatever you decide.

It's a pretty rare car with a cool color combination. I have seen people with more money than me step up and pay the price for a nice car. If any car can pull those numbers yours should be one that is able too. Do you have a build sheet and fender tag?

If you have the time I think you can get a good price like your looking for. I don't think the housing market is going anywhere fast for the next 3 or 4 years up or down.

Beautiful car!You might have to sell at a loss,but think of the money you can invest in a home,instead of paying rent.My 2 cents.Good luck whichever you choose.:D

On the low end 30K on the high end 40K.I think 35k is a fair price and I would not take less.Maybe start out a 38K-39K and see what happens.

Jim

Thank you everyone that has chimed in on this. I appreciate all the input. To answer some questions that were asked. I don't have the build sheets. When I found the car the interior was already replaced and in poor condition. I do have a copy of the 1967 chrysler IBM build card. That pretty much confirms what is correct on the car. Unfortunately I don't want to trade because I need the cash to put towards a down payment on a house. I would rather sell the car to someone on this site before putting it up on ebay or another sales site. I really want the car to go to a good home.

Carl

I would say $33,000+ with all the original parts. I think it would be a plus if you installed the original intake, carb, and ari cleaner. Very nice car, would be hard for me to let it go if it were mine.

-
Back