On the pickin road again

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well this morning "T" and I will be heading towards Gainesville to do a little pickin again .
Found a 73 Dart Sport someone wants to unload. Hopefully it will be better than the last 2 we went on , that was a total bust. Wait of time and fuel
Hopefully will drag home another parts car for more fun and abuse. Get to try out the new trailer winch again !
Pics to follow if anything interesting pops up !

On that note. I have gotten into a few hoards by invitation. Always good people and always by invite. Man there are some cool NOS hoards out there. I just go for the ignition stuff, but man if I had the storage, I would be a hoarder of Mopar for sure.

On that note. I have gotten into a few hoards by invitation. Always good people and always by invite. Man there are some cool NOS hoards out there. I just go for the ignition stuff, but man if I had the storage, I would be a hoarder of Mopar for sure.
We don't have much storage room at 6he moment, But we're looking into getting another building put up here so we can get back into this . Like you said ,we meet some nice people along the way , and of course some not so much !

Last edited:
Need to find a couple cheap hoards of just parts. !

Never had a *** really. Now Carlisle twice in ten years but threw them off the spot pretty fast.

Last 2 pics T & I went on , they guy wouldn't even get off his but to show us what he had. Which was fine ,but wanted top dollar for all hs rusted out junk Was just wanting to piece it out individually.

Best of luck on this one Al. Hopefully, you hit the jackpot! Tell T we said hello 65

Gladys is watching y'all !! :lol:

91a9nx.jpg

These Texans here must not have ever heard of "parts cars"! Every 73 up Duster roller, missing half its parts, rusted everywhere as usual, busted glass, on blocks,... always puts them on FB Marketplace for $4-5000. Don't try to mention that even though it' s been for sale 13 weeks straight, maybe it is over priced??????

If picking was easy then a lot more people would be doing it.

The American Pickers show gives the illusion that almost every pick results in seeing a persons stash and maybe being able to buy a few things. That show never indicated how many rejected calls/hangups they had and nobody answering the door when they were freestyling.

Very similar to the house flip shows…. Total house reno and flip in 22 minutes with a profit made!

American pickers I actually have a real story there. Good people idiots on the show looking for silver and gold.

Well here it is. Guy wanted $675 . Called him ,he said ya lots of good stuff on it.
20240824_113153.jpg

After looking it over ,I was ready walk away. But three times out and drag nothing home did appeal to me. So I lowballed him @ $200, for not honest and letting us drive an hour &1/2. we had a little bit of a Mexican Stand off then he says, how about 300. Can't do it
Anyway T and I drug it home for what I thought was fair.
Here's a few pics.

20240824_113640.jpg

20240824_113520.jpg

20240824_125548.jpg
20240824_125604.jpg
20240824_125708.jpg
20240824_125728.jpg

Anyone need a Mint Gas Cap speak up now. Won't last long.I know what I got !!!

By the way. , the winch is a back saver ! Works flawlessly and didn't even groan.

Last edited:
This has what looks like a 7 1/4 with bbp axles. Did mopar do that or is it a 9 1/4. Was a V8 car.

Yup, 7 1/4 rear ends were available with BBP. My Scamp had one (since replaced with a 8 1/4) with a 318.

They demand $3500 for one like that in around Dallas!!! But they drove a few hours up to Ok. and bought it for $400. Texas. Yah-hooooo!!

Last edited:
Nice pic. And thanks for the mention. Can't think of anything off hand that we need at the moment.

Pass quarter looks pretty good as does tail panel.
I see a fold down rear seat, and disk brake spindles.

-
Back