One Click Higher

-

T56MaxTorq

Reaction score
Hey I’m new to racing and getting my duster dialed in. Thinking about going from 3.55s to one click higher (numerically) I need better 0-60 measured seat of the pants. I have a friend and we raced his Rivian and his model 3 and he smokes me off the line but on a roll, I can hold my own w/ 13 lbs of boost 318. Turbo cars are funny. I could be quicker going the other direction with gearing and go 3.23. I could also go with boost control and crank it up to 16 lbs. I want acceleration tho. That’s what I like. What have you guys experienced?

^^Larger numbers (of the ratio) means the car goes slower in ultimate top speed but get there quicker^^

converter?
Stalls at 3200 or so I believe, just when I hit 10 lbs.

8 3/4 is apart now. I have the 489 case out. Shaving the auburn unit next week and new leafs/shocks.

Last edited:
You need the gear load to make a turbo car boost, correct? Take the gear out and loose the boost, not the right direction. Too late in the year to go changing stuff now.

You need the gear load to make a turbo car boost, correct? Take the gear out and loose the boost, not the right direction. Too late in the year to go changing stuff now.
It certainly helps to have high gears compared to an NA car. I’m street only at the moment.

Sorry guys, I should have posted my specs earlier:

I used a oem bottem end magnum 318. EQ iron heads w/ 1.92 valves. Honed, ringed, and bearings for a stock bore. About 8.8:1 c/r. All roller valve train, turbonetics 62-1 turbo, tial 38mm waste-gate .84 a/r. I use e85 with 44lb injectors in a M1 single plane intake. Megasquirt 2 controller, diy missing tooth wheel crank sensor, ford style e coil, left hand alternator, all stainless pipe, 1.5” into 2.5” into turbo out to 3” single exhaust w/ flow thru muffler and short exit. Edelbeock 1000 cfm throttle body w/ IAC. Aeromotive fuel pump and regulator, truck fuel cell and battery. 904 trans, 3200 stall converter. 3.55 gears and 27” tires.

Excuse my other related post in the FI forum. Some people only cruise that page.

In my experience going to a lower (numerically) gear works better on a turbo car. Unfortunately without a trans brake and some hook it will be tough to 0-60 faster than an appliance (insert electric car name here)

-
Back