63cc closed chambers
172cc intake ports
1110 Hughes 300lb springs with retainers and locks
8mm stems
Viton stem seals
Hardened seats
3 angle valve job
Drilled and tapped for LA style intakes

These are for my 5.9 Magnum in the shed waiting for them, and the most I have ever spent on an otherwise already running engine.:burnout:

Supposedly these are good for .550 or so lift but I need to measure to make sure.
Looking at a stage 2 Hughes cam for it, but need to verify the details before I order anything.
I don't care that much about lift amount, but I do care about the torque so...
I want better torque in the idle to 5,500 range for my Daily driver Dart with freeway gearing. :D

Thinking about this one.
"Using our SER0814AL cam in a 5.9 engine a customer reported 48 lb/ft of torque @ 3,500 rpm and a 31HP gain @ 4,700 rpm at the rear wheels. These changes are with a cam, lifter, timing chain and springs only."

Could also be a 42RH and an 8.25 locker in it's future. :D

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 333
  • 3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 4.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 345
I've been really pleased with my EQs on a stock 5.9 and regrind cam from Oregon camshaft. Mine makes tremendous amounts of torque and seems to want to build power past 6k rpm. I'm using an Air Gap up top also. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks everyone, and it seems like it's been a long road in the process.
I have been driving the car with the 318 it came with for about three years now and it's just starting to smoke a little at lights.

Starting to get exited about he whole thing now and my trans started making noises (gear rattle in the planetaries) so maybe this new motor will point out that problem with some definition? :D

Then the 7.25 will probably explode, but I'm actually looking forward to it all.

Thanks everyone, and it seems like it's been a long road in the process.
I have been driving the car with the 318 it came with for about three years now and it's just starting to smoke a little at lights.

hey my 408 does the same thing
actually it smokes a LOT at lights, well, when you leave the lights
I'm pretty sure its the tires

Starting to get exited about he whole thing now and my trans started making noises (gear rattle in the planetaries) so maybe this new motor will point out that problem with some definition? :D

my 408 DEFINETILY did that
(kinda bummed...im out of town for the weekend, and on my way out the transmission shop called and told me the Duster is ready to be picked up.
transmission is rebuild, custom high stall torque converter installed, valve body reworked...I cant wait to see how she does now...but I wont be back in town until Monday

Then the 7.25 will probably explode, but I'm actually looking forward to it all.

you wont believe it...but my 408 did that TOO

I'm sorry, you were saying?

Greg, that's a good cam choice.That is going to show a HUGE difference, over the stock grind. Make sure you check pushrod length, before final intake assembly ( all top end parts replaced, are non stock. If needed, I can mail you an adjustable pushrod..)

I ran a Hughes HE2430 Hydraulic (223/230/110) in my 367 4spd 68 S-clone.Tons and tons of torque, even with a 266 x 3.55=9.44 starter gear. With OOTB Eddies it pulled hard, and reved outtasight. It didn't know when to quit. I absolutely loved that cam, and it would still be in there if it had not dropped two lobes, when they took the zinc outta my favorite oil.
One summer,I put a double O/D behind that brute(A833-O/D plus GV). With 3.55s and a Holley 600(1850), that motor put out 32mpgUS, flying to the CarCraft Nationals in 2004. I think 75 was 1850ish.Most of the time we were loping along at 75, but on the way home, this late model Corvette came blasting by. He was flying. I let him get ahead a ways, and joined him.I can't tell you how fast I was going,heehee;but I know he was booting along at over a 100. We had to roll the windows up,eh.
I loved that cam. Not a lot of power at the top, but tons and tons of small-block torque. I had to put more rubber under it cuz 245s were a joke. 275s were better, but ultimately I ended up with 295s.It still broke 'em loose at 45 to 50mph in second(1.67 x4.30= 7.18)
-You are probably gonna end up with 3.91s,(makes a hi-way gear of 2.66) so second will be 1.54 x 3.91 =6.02.. That will light up 2.45s,2.55s, and maybe 275s also.
I can almost see your grins from here!

-
Back