Open message to the guy who screwed me out of a fuel pump

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Montclaire

Reaction score
I replied to an Orange Co craigslist ad for a used carter hemi/440+6 fuel pump for $40. There was no email listed, only a number. I sent the guy a couple texts to make sure it was the right pump, he really didn't know but I figured I would take it anyway. Was trying to work out a shipping price and he didn't respond. I try him back this AM, no response, and he pulled the ad. So, to [email protected], 714-335-2512, I hope karma does you good. He seems to sell a lot of vintage car parts in CA, so please keep this in mind in your dealings. thanks

I don't understand just how it is that "you got screwed."

If you google his phone number, he's got stuff for sale all over hell, so who knows.

You didn't lose one red cent IS THAT CORRECT?

It's a $109 pump. I asked for his paypal or how he wanted to do things and never responded after that. If he was down the block I would have handed him the money.

I replied to an Orange Co craigslist ad for a used carter hemi/440+6 fuel pump for $40. There was no email listed, only a number. I sent the guy a couple texts to make sure it was the right pump, he really didn't know but I figured I would take it anyway. Was trying to work out a shipping price and he didn't respond. I try him back this AM, no response, and he pulled the ad. So, to [email protected], 714-335-2512, I hope karma does you good. He seems to sell a lot of vintage car parts in CA, so please keep this in mind in your dealings. thanks

Sorry man but I really needed that fuel pump for this cool, desk lamp, project I have going.

If I would have known you need it I wouldn't have bought it.

I'm guessing someone beat you to it. That's the way it goes sometimes.

The guy sent me a text, and I immediately replied that I would take it and asked for shipping/payment instructions. I don't see how anyone beat me to it.

The guy sent me a text, and I immediately replied that I would take it and asked for shipping/payment instructions. I don't see how anyone beat me to it.

Look man, this is a non - issue. If you are so sensitive and naive about the sale of used parts on Craig's and other internet sites, I'm afraid you have a LOT to learn about "how it is."

I'll admit, this might get my dander up for a few minutes, but it doesn't sound to me like you "got screwed."

And you have no idea what went on at the other end.

PLEASE do yourself a favor. Go have a beer, a soda, a shot, and take a nap. Worry about **** that MATTERS We've got guys on here with MS, lost folks with cancer or are fighting it themselves, mental problems, and in my case arthritis that is getting pretty severe. And, I ain't the only one. We've got guys who've lost jobs and massive financial problems, military guys with more problems than a man should ever have to deal with

This crap you have brought here is not worthy of this board, it's time, or it's members.

We have a "Thanks" button on this board, maybe it's time for a "no thanks" button

button%20bezel%20no%20thanks.jpg

I'm just saying that the guy moves a lot of parts, it doesn't look like it's his first craigslist ad. Figured I would save everyone a day and a half of trying to get a hold of a jerk with poor sales ethics should you try to buy something off him.

Gotta agree with everyone here, sorry but simple as someone beat you to it. Cash talks and thats what probably happened, plain and simple. If you are in PA and he is in CA, thats quite the distance.

It was his pump...he can sell it whom ever he wants too,..the 1st 2nd 3rd or 1000th guy who responded.

I agree. The point is if you're not going to sell it to me, tell me instead of wasting my time.

I've had it up to here with CL sellers and FABO sellers. If you can't describe the condition of a part along with some pics then you shouldn't be allowed to sell anything! I bought a 72 Duster that was just as I expected and nothing like what I was told. Trim that I was told to be perfect and when opened was bent, scratched ... I could go on and on.... you got off easy, stop whining!

I have many years experience with craigslist and tons of transactions under my belt. If he had a number and you texted instead of calling you don't look like a serious buyer. serious buyers pick up the phone and call.

Now if he said "text only no call" or something, that is a good indication not to deal with the person as they are not serious about selling.

So you sent him a few texts? what did that take you 5 minutes total?

Today i drove for 40 minutes to look at this pitbike this kid was selling. He said it was in great shape and just needed the carb cleaned. When we got there the thing had super weak spark, looked like it had been to hell and back and had low compression. then the seller said his friend had the motor apart and said the rings looked good. it was pretty easy to see he reused the head gasket. Well thats 2 hours of my life wasted not including gas. I had much better things to do today. It sucked but whatever that's life people do stuff like that all the time. sometimes you get lucky though and end up making out. You win some you lose some it's all part of the game!

just chill out and be thankful you only lost a bit of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back